ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many miles do you get to a tank???

Fiat Panda 100hp
hey folks,

I have a 1.4s and I am currently seeing how many miles I can get to a full tank, and was curious to what everyone else here gets.

Give the size of your engine and how many miles.

Thanks

106 GTi
Not a clue with the 182, never ran it from a full tank down to empty!

My 1.4 Pug 306 - 400-425 miles per tank (50 Litres)

E90
250, if it gets used properly, i think vw drilled a hole into the tank as standard

Oh and its a 2 litre, turbot gti Golf.

182 Cup
Hm, the most I can get out of my 182 is about 280, and that's driving sensibly. Don't think I've ever had 300 in over a year of ownership...How you'd get 350 is beyond me!?

RenaultSport Clio 182 CUP
On my 182, I get about 275 - 320, but thats more down to my lead foot I think lol Its good on the Motorway though, but what every you do, keep the air con off, it drinks the stuff when its on

No more clio's for me!
Rich said:
Not a clue with the 182, never ran it from a full tank down to empty!

My 1.4 Pug 306 - 400-425 miles per tank (50 Litres)

Still on the original tank of petrol then Rich? lol ;)

Get about 300 to 330 in mine depending on how fruity i'm feeling :)

I never run down to the red line (only even seen I once in 68k) but it should do about 420 or so.
Dci 65hp model.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
172 2003 model.

Get around 380-400 off a full tank.

Trip indicates 40mpg off almost every tank. I drive 50 mile round trip to work each day, semi-fast national speed limit A-roads. You sometimes get held up behind trucks etc, so by default it helps your economy.....and believe me the 172 gets some hammer when a gap appears ahead!

Have had 46mpg over a 70mph constant motorway run too. That was taking the p*ss a bit, cos I was very light on the right foot...just seeing the maximum I could get.

ps.. I run Optimax all the time.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
mk1 1.4rt 34 pounds of petty 200 miles i thought was an ok milage untill i looked at all u lot! i must rag my car excessively! lol

Fiat Panda 100hp
Patrick_g46 said:
mk1 1.4rt 34 pounds of petty 200 miles i thought was an ok milage untill i looked at all u lot! i must rag my car excessively! lol

jesus, u must rag it silly! lol. I am at half a tank now with my 1.4s and I am coming up to 200 miles.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
rogan said:
jesus, u must rag it silly! lol. I am at half a tank now with my 1.4s and I am coming up to 200 miles.

well actually i drove the car really sensibly for a whole tank once and only got 250 out of it and it didnt rag it once because i wanted 2 check how much i was loosing out on? so mayb somethign else is wrong? how much does it cost u 2 fill ur tank?

Had my 172 Cup for a week, put £30 worth of petrol in last Tuesday and have done about 220 miles. Trip indicates 104 miles in the tank so thats 44 before the fuel light comes on.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I very often doubt the trip it never moves from 37.5 mpg. I normally get about 160miles from 1/2 tank on my 1.2. Some of you guys must have super light feet!!

God...

So this is why the demand for petrol is increasing...??

That and the STUPID boy racers who drive about town aimlessly every night of the week for no reason at all....

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2

Around town:
340 miles to the warning light going on saying I need to fill up (43.5 L)
390 miles to empty

On a trip:
(a) not in the Northern Territory
370 miles to the warning light
430 miles to empty
(b) in the Northern Territory - no open road speed limit
300 miles to the warning light
350 miles to empty

Fiat Panda 100hp
Patrick_g46 said:
well actually i drove the car really sensibly for a whole tank once and only got 250 out of it and it didnt rag it once because i wanted 2 check how much i was loosing out on? so mayb somethign else is wrong? how much does it cost u 2 fill ur tank?

About the same £35. But if I let the tank right down then it goes to £38. I am now just inbetween the quarter and the half a tank, and I have just drove 20m to college and im on 250miles, so I should go for 300+ on this tank.

Black/Gold 182
182. I get around 300 miles local driving, maybe 350 with motorway driving. That's from full to petrol light, usually £35-40 to re-fill.

The trip computer usually moves from 30 mpg to about 37 mpg is best I've seen (after a full day on the M25 stuck at about 50). From my calculations the trip computer is a bit optmistic, and the real figure is 1-2 mpg worse.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
i can get 100 miles to a tenner, about 37£ to fill up....

about 370... and if i really push it, drive like a granny i will get 400 :)