ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to apply autoglym srp

cliosport 182
hi ther gonnae buy some autogltm srp what should i use to apply it how should i apply it should i wash my car thn dry it thn apply it im new detailing

A slow one :-(
If I were you:
Pre wash rinse
Wash it using the 2 bucket method,
Rinse
Dry

Apply SRP using something like a megs foam applicator pad. I usually apply in straight lines, and apply very very thinly. Less is more with SRP.
Then I'd also wack a layer of EGP on top for protection.

Shouldn't look too shabby then... if you really want you could apply a wax on top of that. In summer I usually use P21S but I find it never lasts!

One thing i'd like to point out is that you need to ensure you have good washing mitt/ applicators/MF towels or you may do unintended damage to the paintwork!

have a look on www.polishedbliss.co.uk

I found their guide very useful when I started out!

106 GTi
The key to SRP is working it really well till there is little or nothing to remove, not using to much so it does not dust.

Take a panel at a time after washing and drying, apply a 5 -20 pence sized blob on a foam applicator and work it into the panel, straight lines or circles it is up to you. Work the polish starts till to go clear, remove with a microfiber cloth. Anything you remove is waste product so no need to slap it on thickly.

This may help to http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=148366

A slow one :-(
I work it with a PC now... so so much better.

No dusting and a damn site better finish!