ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How To Get Into Drifting... C+C please!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Morning CS!

I was just thinking, I could really use some feedback on a video I made the other day, and everyone is being far too nice on YT. What forum do I know of where a bunch of criticising b******s live? Oh yeah, ClioSport! :p

So, if you're not in to drifting but have a spare 10 minutes I'd appreciate some feedback on this... and if you like the content, a subscribe would be sweet! (I know a few of you already do ;) )

Let me know what you think? Southerners especially... I want to know if you can make sense of what I'm saying... :D

Cheers,
Dan

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Not much to criticise really, you're better than most considering you've only done a few days.

I actually look forward to seeing your videos.

Thanks man - I wasn't looking for C+C on my drifting just on the video format :)

I wouldn't come to a poxy Clio forum for tips on drifting :p

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Didn't realise you were dannydc2 on YouTube. Watched some videos with your eg before and that things insane.
Subscribed.

Been subscribed for a while too. Almost bought a K20 EK because of it, and now it's made me want to do skids. So... I guess you're doing a good job! Lol

On the voice-over vid, I thought you sounded like you were purposefully talking slowly. Sounded a little odd but only because I'm northern as f**k too.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
It was a good vid, I enjoyed it, in fact I'm enjoying both yours and 6two1s drifting adventures. The voice-over was fine in any case.

Also - what's happening with the black Teg? Keeping it as a 2nd daily alongside the BMW?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I enjoyed the video and you can see how far you've come since you started. The mic whilst driving was a good addition.
You, Adam and Toby (ML) are all really entertaining.

Is the wing on the DC2 yet? :wink:

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Been subscribing for a while. Notice a difference with the new camera kit too :up:
Drifting video was good, nice change once in a while to do an informative video. Must admit me and my brother considered selling up and buying/doing a k-swap after I stumbled on the furled society event, only went to watch the hill climb.
Wouldn't worry about those southern softies, Yorkshire ftw! They'll be wanting subtitles next...although they don't really work as we found out in another video lol

Also subbed to you, enjoy your content.

Drift video is everything it needs to be, honest, informative and easy to watch.
People are being nice because it's pretty good.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I have some critique for you. I do a bit of video editing from time to time and know a bit about a bit but I'm by no means a successful Youtuber so feel free to ignore my comments!!

There was too much suspense IMO. I wanted to turn off quite soon into the video but watched it all to give more critique.

It felt more like a vlog than a guide to me, I'd probably have enjoyed a bit more structure to the video and to be more to the point. That said, I enjoyed different sections, talking about what sort of money to pay for a 3 series and what to do to it, along with the layout of certain drift days was good info, but there was too much in-between the good bits for me.

It sort of makes sense that you'd get good comments on YT. Your subscribers enjoy watching you. I've always enjoyed a northern voice talking about things so I can relate- but like I said, it wasn't fast enough for me. Not sure if you do better on YT with longer videos and that's the reasoning or whether it wasn't intentional.

Listerine & Poledo
Let me know what you think? Southerners especially... I want to know if you can make sense of what I'm saying... :smiley:

I understand you, but there's a distinct lack of excitement in your voice. It may just be a dialect thing, but it doesn't exactly grab the viewer.

But the rest of it, and the premise of he video, like it a lot, good work.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of stock car circuits do drift days/evenings too, huge drift trains going on etc.

As above, a bit slow paced and unenthusiastic sounding (not actually unenthusiastic) , but otherwise a great video. Totally agree that the way to learn is to actually do it.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Also been subbed for a bit now, love your integra very jealous lol, get some more content with the clio of toms [emoji108] think I follow him on instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The smooth jazz grated on me after a minute or so but I liked the rest of it.

You spoke like you knew what you were talking about, no long awkward pauses or rambling etc but the best bit was you come across like you're interested in what you're talking about but you're not being forcefully enthusiastic like the rest of those spastic "please like me!" Youtubers.

As soon as I hear that forced excitement the video goes off. So yeah, I enjoyed the watch.

Peugeot 308
You spoke like you knew what you were talking about, no long awkward pauses or rambling etc but the best bit was you come across like you're interested in what you're talking about but you're not being forcefully enthusiastic like the rest of those spastic "please like me!" Youtubers.

As soon as I hear that forced excitement the video goes off. So yeah, I enjoyed the watch.

This tbh.
I've only been into watching and subbing Vloggers and all that guff on YouTube for about 6 months, but I've subbed Danny due to many of the reasons @Knuckles suggests.

I'm a Somerset Southerner and can fully understand the 'dialect' @DanielJames - It could be worse, you could be from the South East.

Keep up the good work :cool:

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Sorry guys forgot to check the replies in here! Glad to here you mostly all enjoy the videos though.

I started a "How to get in to trackdays" video last night, similar format, of course one of my suggestions was an RS Clio. :) Should be up over the weekend!

DC2 is almost ready for its pre-ring trackday too, hopefully by the end of next weekend anyway. Hoping to do the TrackAddict day at Rockingham on the 25th if anyone's going?