ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to polish

Williams 2, 182 cup
Please could anyone provide me with a step by step idiots guide to polishing, how to do it and what I would need. I was thinking of giving a few parts on my car the mirror polished look, eg rocker cover to start with.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
ok, heres how i do it, other ppl may have different methods:

1. Make sure the car is well cleaned with a decent shampoo, dry, and in the shade/garage etc..

2. Apply polish to a foam applicator pad (meguires do good ones, available from halfrauds). Autoglym Super Resin Polish is a good one, or Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine (a stronger polish).

3. Apply the polish in a back forth motion (NEVER CIRCULAR MOTION), in the drirection of airflow, as in vertically up and down the bonnet etc. This will minimise visible scratching. Work round the car, starting with the bonnet, then to wing, down the doors, round the back, and up the other side of the car finishing where u started. Finally do the roof.

4. Go and get a beverage, and drink that for 10 mins

5. The polish will have dried to a powdery state.

6. Buff off with a microfibre cloth (99p, tescos), starting with the bonnet, going round the same way u did before.

7. Either seal of wax now, will look amazing.

Williams 2, 182 cup
Sorry, when I said polished I ment polished like this

DSC00304.gif

Mk1 1.4 RT
grab a polishing mop for an electric drill and some buffing compund. Failing that, use one of those big bench grinders with a buffing mop and compound.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
Chris_4536 said:
grab a polishing mop for an electric drill and some buffing compund. Failing that, use one of those big bench grinders with a buffing mop and compound.
excellent i wanted to know how to do that as well, i will try now