ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to tell if your phone is locked ?

Peddled device
I tried a new sim card in my N95 (which is on Orange in the UK...bought 2nd hand but I've been with them for 7 years) whilst in China last week.The phone just say's 'sim invalid'. Does this mean my phone is locked and can only be used on Orange? If so how do I 'unlock' it?

You can take it to a mobile shop and they can unlock it to any network. If the phone was reported stolen or something, it still won't work even if it has been unlocked.
Think I paid 15 quid to have my old blackberry unlocked, had to leave it with them for a couple of days though.

Think I miss understood the question first time round. So have you brought a second hand mobile that's for orange and your orange sim card doesn't work in it? If that's the case it's most likely been de-activated by orange after it's been reported stolen or lost. Then having it unlocked won't make a difference.

I originally thought you meant you had an orange sim, and the phone you wanted to put it in was say for example, an O2 handset, in this instance you can pay to have it unlocked to any network so your orange card would work. Nope this makes sense.

And fingers crossed you haven't bought a duff phone.

Last edited: