ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to whipe a mac?? i.e a fesh start?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
im selling my macbook black, i need to whipe all my stuff off of it, and give it a fresh start... like a reformat? but is there an easy way? you know like when you first turn a mac on for the very first time... or just set it to a default user and get rid of all my stuff....

Revels Mum & Sister
Yeah pop install disc in, boot from it. Install will give you an option to Format and Fresh install. Do that!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking to clear out my old laptop but don't have any install discs! It runs xp at the moment.

Any way of doing it?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
You can BUY (trys not to crack up with laughter) and xp disc. Or download a copy (100% legal and all paid for of course) and burn it to a CD-R. Pop it in the CD drive, reboot the computer, look for the what key it tells u to press for the bootsetup (usually F12 iirc) then select CDROM.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lol f**k knows! I can't even use a really old restore point! It won't work! Grrr!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Most laptops have a partition on with all the files to reformat.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing once you have used an xp disc once you can't use it on another computer?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Can use the disc on any computer, it's the product code that you can't use on more than one comp.