ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to wipe hard drive clean on laptop?

clio 172 cup
Hi i have a hp g6000 laptop which one day didnt turn on, i was advised it needs a new mother board, im going to sell it but need all my private data wiping..the repair shop took all my photos off for me from the hard drive, would they have wiped the rest of the hard drive? Because it wont turn on, i'll have to send it in to have it deleted, how much will this cost? Thanks.

Take the hdd out and plug it into another system, then just go into the drive manager and click... 'format'.

2.2 bar shed.
Go for a low level format that takes a while as well if you actually want your data half gone. Formats that take a few seconds are easily recoverable with some know how.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
Don't format a drive through windows. Do it through DOS before windows is even loaded.