ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC confirm ICS upgrade rollout

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
HTC knows how excited our fans are to get their hands on Google's latest version of Android, Ice Cream Sandwich, so we're thrilled today to announce the first wave of HTC phones that will receive upgrades: We can confirm the brand new HTC Vivid is upgradeable to Ice Cream Sandwich. In addition, Ice Cream Sandwich is coming in early 2012 to a variety of devices including the HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation XL and HTC Sensation XE, as well as the HTC Rezound, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO Design 4G and HTC Amaze 4G through close integration with our carrier partners. We're continuing to assess our product portfolio, so stay tuned for more updates on device upgrades, timing and other details about HTC and Ice Cream Sandwich.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'm honestly getting more and more confused at what to get next every time there's a new product/software release. I dont need anything my desire can't do, except for having better internal memory, and that should be fixed once I work out how to partition an sd card now i've rooted. Still fancy something new though

I can understand not running ICS on older phones if it's going to slow them down, endured the hell of vista on an underpowered laptop before.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm honestly getting more and more confused at what to get next every time there's a new product/software release. I dont need anything my desire can't do, except for having better internal memory, and that should be fixed once I work out how to partition an sd card now i've rooted. Still fancy something new though

Just download and burn this ISO then boot off it and it takes you to the option you need. It's very easy.

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

N
ot running out of space for Apps made my desire 10x better!

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Still waiting for android 2.3.5 and HTC sense 3 for my Desire S on Three so i'm not suprised it won't be coming to the desire phones even if it would run. To be honest though i've just got the phone the way i want it and i'm now worried an update might balls all that up.

Hmm.....

182FF with cup packs

I can understand not running ICS on older phones if it's going to slow them down, endured the hell of vista on an underpowered laptop before.

If you've flashed Clockwork Recovery you can do it from there on the phone.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Apps2SD works fine but it still leaves some of the App on the internal memory which can still fill quickly with big Apps. The EXT partition overcomes the problem.

I couldn't do it within Clockworks either 519.

Back on topic I'd be surprised if any of the current crop of HTC will see the update on time judging by how long it took to get Gingerbread on my desire. I ended up giving up waiting and rooting instead.

Polo + Micra
yeah i will probably use a rom off xda for my senastion once one of ICS is leaked

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
yeah.....i'm gonna let someone else do that for me

It's dead easy. 1st backup your SD card. Burn the ISO and then set your PC to boot from CD if not already. Then load it and click the defaults until it's loaded then the partition creator loads automatically. You just move the bar then to create the partitions.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
think i'm too tired to follow the instructions in the link. I'll look again when i've slept. Cheers for the help

182FF with cup packs
Here's a handy list

All the phones that have been announced as having ICS coming to them.

• HTC Sensation
  • HTC Sensation XL
  • HTC Sensation XE
  • HTC Rezound
  • HTC EVO 3D
  • HTC EVO Design 4G
  • HTC Amaze 4G
Samsung

Motorola

LG

• Optimus 2x
Sony Ericsson

• Xperia Arc
  • Xperia Arc S
  • Xperia Neo
  • Xperia Neo V
  • Xperia Play
  • Xperia Mini Pro

182FF with cup packs
Not that much will change, but when is it due? I can't be arsed to read.

Official ones look like 1st and 2nd quarter of 2012, but I bet that the unofficial ones will be out not long after the Nexus Galaxy hits the streets (17th November over here).

Once someone's able to dump a release copy of the ROM from a Galaxy Nexus I'm sure all the clever bods over at XDA and the like will have it packaged up for loads of handsets. I sort of suspect that it'll crop up on the Galaxy S II first, as that'll be the one that requires the least messing with from the Galaxy Nexus.

Polo + Micra
i've sent my sensation off for repair and they load the latest software on it:dapprove:

fingers crossed they don't lock the bootloader

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
HTC sensation just upgraded to ics and sense ver 3.6 :)

Official software over the air?

Which operator? (never mind, just noticed the link below, Vodafone)

Mine is on O2 and still saying no update available, just checked :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
This out on orange yet? Straight forward to download? Just checked my phone, downloading now

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Taking its time updating. Is it supposed to improve anything? Not great when it comes to phones lol

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Should look a bit like this
ICS-HTC-Sensation.jpg

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
first annoyance, can't customize lock screen icons anymore

edit, sussed it, they're now th same as the tool bar at the bottom of the screen, so that is what has to be customised