ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC VIVE on PC

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well, I'm a VR convert. :cool:

Admittedly, VR is not suitable for a good selection of games - the likes of RTS's would be a little bit pointless, unless they were genuine table-top replacement games.

We set one up here - running on a new PC with an i7 6700K and GTX1080. The Labs (http://store.steampowered.com/app/450390/) that is available through Steam is a great combination of fun and also promoting the technical capabilities of the hardware.

The crazy thing with it, is that it just works. Even passing the headset and controllers to someone else is seamless - with no reconfiguration or calibration. I've not tried the likes of Project Cars with it, but given how well the free software performs, I can only imagine how much it would add to the gameplay.

I'll probably not get one myself yet (unless it's dirt cheap) - but this iteration of the hardware proves that a viable VR option for the home is possible. What the next generation of hardware will be capable of I can only guess at. This is a cracking piece of kit and it has the potential to be a game changer..... literally.