ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hydrophobia content - the computer games industry... and moi.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Jeeeez Naith that's mad!

Very well done indeed!

You hope to spawn more work from this game?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Impressed wouldn't have guessed that was you voicing in a million years if you hadn't told us that. Game looks interesting I'll definitely be playing the demo when it's downloadable.

thanks guys, mean more than you can imagine.

tbh when i did it i kind of started implimenting my own stuff into the game and helping them out.

the best recording they had done previously was under a blanket in a room so the step up was huge.

i'd like to get more from the computer lot, but we'll have to see.

funnily i was happier with the two other voices i did, but yeh, really chuffed.

watch this, if you turn it up you can hear my scottish character in game voice :D

[youtube]l70HIB0R1zY[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]3pQnPwFElaE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh Naith this will be a really good thing for your CV, bid budget games like Mass Effect 2 and stuff use really established and respected actors in their games now as their production values have gone way up over the past few years....and if this franchise takes off which it may well do then it will be a great platform for you.

Watching the trailer on You Tube though I kept imagining you as you were trying to be serious and trying not to laugh myself! If I didn't know it was you though I would have said it was really good! (if that makes sense?!)

haha thats because you know me tom and have seen me in pretty much every emotional state... but yeh, they are planning for an initial 2million downloads so god yeh if they hit their first target i will be happy to say the least.

Mito Sportiva 135
The "interactive market" (video games) is forecast to be a bigger grossing industry than movies and music combined before the end of the decade.

The next step is to be in the new Call of Duty game, and then get me a free copy. Deal?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Where did you research for that accent? It's spot on!

Metal Gear 3 had some awesome Russians in it, and you could easily have done that. Well impressed mate.

tbh i just listen and watch, i can pretty much mimic anyone given time, about 2 hours. not like Allister McGowan, I'm alot more subtle in that i pick up things like breathing, gestures and mental insights... all very deep and lovey dovey ;)

what people don't realize though is i got the scripts for this 5 mins before recording and had to change 50% dialogue on the day, obviously given the chance i like to 'rev my V8' but balancing my creative urges with the general fact I'm being thrown in at the deepend is bloomin hard, but really rewarding.

its just so hard to get chances... for example the british tv and film industry just seem to wanna re-employ john thompson, robson green and fcuking danny dyer and never give us lesser a chance, it rarely boils down to talent :(

as for it taking off and future stuff, god dont i know it, hoping my american GI gets the attention of all the war game builders...

anyway i'm babbling.