ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I really want to get into racing!

FF182 Brembo Max, BMC CDA
Hi,

Im really interested in racing on tracks, I havent got any money so cant by track car but only use me normal road car, what can I do, were do I get started?

ceers

FF182 Brembo Max, BMC CDA
well I want to race against other people, I have never done any track days or anything like that, im a newbie

M2 Competition
Ah, so you're looking to do trackdays really.

They're all about having fun and driving your car quickly on track. Dont worry about racing against other people, you'll have a hard enough time keeping on track and being quick racing against yourself fella. Plus racing costs megabucks, if not in vehicle prep and entry fee's, in the money it costs when it goes wrong...

Book yourself onto a trackday, get a helmet and one day track insurance cover, and have some fun mate...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Trackdays are really for honing your technique and racing the clock essentailly....to race other people you probably need to look into arrive and drive race events.

Forget track days to expensive carting the way foprward for cheap racing.

Plus the quick go cart would show "proper" race cars up top spec cart are quicker than a 360 ferrari round most race circuits.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Forget track days to expensive carting the way foprward for cheap racing.

Plus the quick go cart would show "proper" race cars up top spec cart are quicker than a 360 ferrari round most race circuits.

Karting** if you please ;)

Agree with edde tho, Avoid karting we did it for 11yrs, still got some kit left but sold 90% of it. Must of spent a good few k's over the yrs!!

We run a RSA caterham now, 14k for the car, but racing is relatively cheap providing you don't bang it.

The xr2 challenge etc, or historics are different, Both cheap and rewarding in terms of fun factor.

:)