ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IAM

320d
Has anyone on here got IAM it was something i was looking into doing because at my age (18) i have a lot to learn about driving and what better way to do it.

Is it worth it? how hard is it to go about? oh and expensive?

worth it, my dad did it and said it put the fun back in driving again. not in a 'race everyone' way, but just made it more interesting again
:)

im thinking of doing it too (seeing as the old man said he'd pay for it :rasp:)

Do it.

Will make you 10000000 times better than you are at the moment at the age of 18, believe me lol

When I look at what I used to get up to... :S

(Now I'm sounding old :( lol)

320d
Well tbh i've already crashed once, wet road, not concentrating, overcooked it.

I know i have lots and lots to learn and openly admit it.

So i think in a couple of months i think i'll do it, got a few bills atm i.e. insuance, service, tax, holiday etc.

How much does it cost?

My local one does a scheme where you get all the cost back when you pass :)

It's about £85 I think - so, for you youngun's, probably only a couple of nights out ;) lol

Might not save a load on insurance but if it saves your NCB and excess...!

320d
I realy just want to be a better driver, in terms of safety and speed.

No point in having a quick car but not driving it well and i want to upgrade my driving before my car.

Good man, that's a good attitude to have :cool:

You'll find that in many places you're actually driving slower than you would have been - but it doesn't necessarily feel slower because you're more aware of your surroundings and are planning ahead more, therefore slower does not equal boring.

It will also mean you can go quicker in places because you'll have greater skills in the forward planning department ;) :evil:

320d
How do you go about it though, i know you buy the skill for life package and it costs £79 for under 25's. When do you do your training etc then because i work full time mon-fri 9-5.30. I'm realy interested though

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Your sessions will fit in around your commitments...you just work it out with your observer.

You're halfway there already with your attitude so get yourself booked up!

Have a look about on the Net for your local group as well.

My IAM group have currently selected 8 people to go through their test for free, shame i missed out on it.

320d
Your sessions will fit in around your commitments...you just work it out with your observer.

You're halfway there already with your attitude so get yourself booked up!

Have you done IAM mark, judging by your vids of youtube you must have had some tuition

Mark is a preacher and illustration of the IAM benefits! As am I and a couple of others on here.

I'm not sure he'd pass his IAM test if he did it at the speeds he sometimes does ;) but it's all about the correct application of principles for a given situation ;) :p lol