ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMessage down?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Starting to piss me off now. Either make a feature work properly, or get rid of it.

It's not like the change to using text messages is seamless either, i.e it doesn't just send one after 10 seconds, it waits ages and tries and tries... right ballache

When I first started using it, I thought it was great. Worked seamlessly and sent as SMS pretty quickly if necessary. Recently it's just become a hangy, buggy, unreliable POS. Disabling it is fully for the win.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I wouldn't want to disable it no way, send far too many pics/have group conversations on it.

Surprised a few of you have slated it, I've never had a problem until now

I disable it too. Unless I have 3G signal all the time it's just a slower, less reliable way of texting someone. Pointless when I have unlimited texts and barely send pics.

ITB BG 182
Mines working fine at the moment, could it be some thing to do with the service providers that everyone is using?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Mine was down from yesterday evening but was working again this morning.

I've noticed it's been quite slow lately, it annoys me pictures don't send quicker like whatsapp, I don't care if they downsize, just wish there was an option like on emails.

I think the main problems occur when a conversation is happening on multiple data services. Switching between Wi-Fi, 3G or GSM - it just seems to eat its own head. Roaming especially appears to f**k it up.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think the main problems occur when a conversation is happening on multiple data services. Switching between Wi-Fi, 3G or GSM - it just seems to eat its own head. Roaming especially appears to f**k it up.

My phone changes between all 3 all day, depending where I walk.

whats app however always works fine.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yesterday my phone could receive iMessages but not send them, ended up using my laptop as I was in anyway and iMessage worked fine on there. Weird.

Bus w**ker
I've had a few issues since they rolled it out, but nothing that would cause me to disable it completely. Last couple of days the sync between all my iDevices has been a bit pish - mostly to my iMac - and the whole service was down for hours last night; but it's nothing I'm going to cry about.