ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser / Central Locking Problem

Ian

Focus TDCi
My car has been off the road since September, during which time it's had some fairly major work replacing a failed headgasket. Everything is now back together and the car runs okish (think it needs an ECU reset), but for some reason the central locking is playing up.

When I turn the key to the 'off' position (to kill the engine after driving) and wait a few seconds the immobiliser arms (red light on dash comes on [solid, not blinking]) and I'm unable to lock the car using the central locking.

However, if I turn the key to the off position, pull it out, get out of the car, shut the door and lock the car using the central locking as fast as I can (i.e. before the red immobiliser light comes on) then the central locking works and the car locks.

Does anyone know how to stop the immobiliser doing this? Is something out of sync?

Thanks,
Ian

Ian

Focus TDCi
Just to update this:

I had my car looked over today to sort out the engine management problem. Turns out that the idle control electrics were loose and the valve was also sticking open ocassionally. However, when I came to collect it the central locking was fixed.

I can't say for sure if it was fixed as a result of the other work or not, but if anyone else has the same problem and their engine management light is on, it might be worth looking into.

Good to have a car that's running properly anyway. :)
Ian