ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impreza Cosworth...!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Seen this last night on PH Danny lot of money!

Look at the Mugen Civic tho!

MKV GTI
I personally don't think 50k is all that bad for true supercar rivalling performance you could easily pay double that to match that performance!

If you compare it to the GT-R the price is about right everyone knows the GT-R is fantastic value for money for what you get!

(Awaits a grilling) :approve:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Just clocked this Kev, hard to believe it was three years ago i started this!

16k is hella much! Were they really that dear new?!?!? f**k!

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Thread reboot.

I looked at a couple of these 10 years ago. Still have a soft spot combined with 2.5l chocolate engine fear. Clearly stuff like latest RS3 or AMG A43S have optimised the genre these days.

Anyway 2 have appeared for sale.

1. Leggy one on collecting cars with Engine rebuild. Not started yet.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2010-subaru-impreza-sti-cs400-cosworth

2. Minter Dry stored recently with 12k miles on Pistonheads for £54k.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/16968851

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I still really like them. Great shape, aged well. Are they that unreliable?

2.5 was supposed to be a pain. Dont think any were stronger.

12k one be fine especially if stays low miles and higher miles one just had rebuild.

Somewhere in the middle not so good.

Much as I loved Cossie tag the R205 JDM be better car. More Revvy and less laggy with a remap getting you close to power. Think someone on here had one years ago.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
2.5 was supposed to be a pain. Dont think any were stronger.

12k one be fine especially if stays low miles and higher miles one just had rebuild.

Somewhere in the middle not so good.

Much as I loved Cossie tag the R205 JDM be better car. More Revvy and less laggy with a remap getting you close to power. Think someone on here had one years ago.

Aye he was from Scotland, i forget his name now

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Pistons were poor quality and break the ringland , if you change the pistons most had no issues , just a pain to have to do that , the one above would be fine as they rebuild the engine with Cosworth pistons

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I never understood the hype.
Obvs, You could get an Sti to look and go similar, for tonnes less without a Cosworth badge...but I guess that's not the point.

Mind, that shape are all starting to rot like the new age, so at least that pistonheads one won't turn to dust this year.
Pretty sure they sorted the 2.5's issues on these... Could be wrong.
Booooost

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
That age/shape Impreza really struggled to sell, but it's really aged well. They didn't sell the saloon version over here did they? That's what seemed to really put people off.

To be fair, it does look good in Saloon format.

preza_%28GVE_MY11%29_WRX_sedan_%282010-10-19%29_01.jpg

Ph2 Meg 225
recently sold my hatch Sti. Based on my experience of owners groups and selling parts I don’t think I could own a high value/ special edition Impreza. Nobody’s interested in genuine quality parts as I found trying to resell sti items but they all love Perrin dress up parts, tints and bolas. Also lost £6k in a year of ownership of mine.

Still enjoyed owning it though as it was a great car.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
That age/shape Impreza really struggled to sell, but it's really aged well. They didn't sell the saloon version over here did they? That's what seemed to really put people off.

To be fair, it does look good in Saloon format.

View attachment 1711905

Maybe because we're used to seeing the hatch, but that doesn't look right to me. Needs some spacers and a f**k off wing.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
I never understood the hype.
Obvs, You could get an Sti to look and go similar, for tonnes less without a Cosworth badge...but I guess that's not the point.
Mate had a Cosworth replica. Looked bloody lovely. I wasn't a fan of the hatches when they launched but they've definitely grown on me, even if they do weigh the same as a small moon.

ohc=GqLclYfUkZQQ7kNvgEQ-2Ri&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.jpg

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
recently sold my hatch Sti. Based on my experience of owners groups and selling parts I don’t think I could own a high value/ special edition Impreza. Nobody’s interested in genuine quality parts as I found trying to resell sti items but they all love Perrin dress up parts, tints and bolas. Also lost £6k in a year of ownership of mine.

Still enjoyed owning it though as it was a great car.

I guess still at the phase where the cheaper ones get ragged and crashed and the cream starts to separate out.

Maybe need another 5 years to get there.

We sold our STI Widetrack a couple of years back £4k up over 7 years. Some of that was Covid inflation but I think without that prob held level.

Hatches all big tax band £700 a year unless JDM.

I always feel for £700 a year tax has to be something pretty mega. V8/V10 etc.

Ph2 Meg 225
I guess still at the phase where the cheaper ones get ragged and crashed and the cream starts to separate out.

Maybe need another 5 years to get there.

We sold our STI Widetrack a couple of years back £4k up over 7 years. Some of that was Covid inflation but I think without that prob held level.

Hatches all big tax band £700 a year unless JDM.

I always feel for £700 a year tax has to be something pretty mega. V8/V10 etc.
A combination of variables is why I lost a lot on mine.

The big tax band as you say puts a lot of people off. The car market crashed this year and the hatch not being as popular as mentioned by a few on here.

I almost bought a yellow spec c before purchasing mine but didn’t think the increased price tag for minimal improvements was worth it. Curious to know if the resale would have been as bad given the jdm heritage

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
A combination of variables is why I lost a lot on mine.

The big tax band as you say puts a lot of people off. The car market crashed this year and the hatch not being as popular as mentioned by a few on here.

I almost bought a yellow spec c before purchasing mine but didn’t think the increased price tag for minimal improvements was worth it. Curious to know if the resale would have been as bad given the jdm heritage

Seen a few yellow spec-c hatches advertised. Do look good.

Good to have a non-UK colour too.

Very limited market though as you say whole market dropped.