ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impreza WR1

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Having looked at a few vids of the WR1 with Ollie - the only Impreza I'd consider trading the P1 in for (4 door appeal having a young 'un and not being able to afford a Type 25 lol) I found these two.

First one is the owner of the car, giving it a short but safe jot around a carpark

http://video.google.co.uk/url?docid...ndex=1&usg=AL29H23rQhTE8sZWuHsnlbebHiqmru89hQ

Here is his mate I presume showing him how its done while he watches! lol!

http://video.google.co.uk/url?docid...ndex=0&usg=AL29H20g-lkNt_V282DEt3pC520VzR2cfQ

Awesome motor :cool:

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I think 0-60mph is 4.6s, the P1 is 4.66s standard. However, they've been trouned by the Type 25 now, which does it in 3.9s. lol. The Spec C is also quicker, too.

Agree on the colour. I follow one on my travels to work every now and again, and its such a stunning looking car.

Best thread of the day :approve:

Had a blast in a friend of a friends WR1 the other day. Have always been an Evo man until I went in it. I now have the Scooby bug. After a nice chat with Scutchio on MSN :rasp: It looks like I will be an owner within the next month of a sexy WR1 with some mods ;)

DSCF1556.gif

p**n.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The 22B is awesome, but not a daily driver. Too harsh for the UK roads I think. But money no object, Braaaaap braaaaap! lol

Clio 197
Always loved this model but would consider the RB320, i guess the cost is the thing that stops for that one tho. Look lovely Oli but is it quicker than your CSL?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Always loved this model but would consider the RB320, i guess the cost is the thing that stops for that one tho. Look lovely Oli but is it quicker than your CSL?

With a few mods it would easily be. To 60mph and 100mph that is, I dont think many cars will compete with a CSL doing 190mph. lol ;)

Nope, not as quick as CSL. But I have to sell the CSL as it's time to get a house. That's the only reason I could afford it, as I was living at home and the only out goings I had were my car and mobile phone bill. Looking to free up 15-16k so sell the CSL and get a WR1 with some light mods for 20k.

WR1 is .1 second slower to 60 than the CSL (thanks scutch) and will slaughter it down a nice set of twisties :D

Suely Ollie this will cost more than your M3 to run though?

Running aint the main problem mate, start new job in the new year too so that means more money in my pocket to cope with the running costs. Just need a one off payment of cash for a house deposit hence the sale of the CSL for a cheaper to buy car :)

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Guy in jap club im part of has one and hes got roger clark headers and a few other bits and pieces, it sounds evil and is always popping and banging.

We went out on a big drive around malvern etc and loads of people were looking when it was banging its tits off lol

Clio 182, RB320, 996Turbo
I'll need to wash it for a piccie, my mrs drives it daily. I had a MY2000 impreza way back and bought this for some remember the old days flavour ;-) I now drive a 911 Turbo which is a bit quicker than normal. So the RB320 is nearly as quick @320BHp standard and mid to low 4's to 60. It is a monster, and i'll admit to enjoying it as much as the 911.

The motors are all different, the RB320 is very hardcore, 911 is precision, the 182 is screaming great fun.

But I'm happy that we own the last proper special edition scooby, I'm desperate to keep it in the collection as I'm thinking that the new one just doesn't cut the mustard - well until they release the STi superduper400

Clio 182, RB320, 996Turbo
BTW - Subaru are offering LPG conversions, not for the Sti initially but watch that space, that would make it a cheap motor to run.

ew Subaru (UK) Ltd approved LPG programme

The LPG programme is available now and offers all the advantages of running on LPG but for the first time with an Official Subaru (UK) Ltd approved conversion.

This means you can enjoy the benefits of lower fuel costs without the risk of using a non-approved conversion and the possibility of invalidating your vehicle Warranty.

We have chosen Millbrook (www.millbrook.co.uk) as installers of the Vialle LPi system, who, with a wealth of proven engineering experience between them provide a first class conversion.

With the Subaru (UK) LPG programme you have the option to either have you car supplied as new with the LPG conversion or have it converted at a later date. Please do not contact Millbrook or Vialle regarding the conversions - contact your Subaru dealer.

The cars that will be offered initially for conversion are (from 07 model year onwards):
2.0litre Forester
2.0litre Legacy
2.5litre Outback

For more information on LPG and where to find your nearest LPG supplying fuel station please visit the BoostLPG site (www.boostlpg.co.uk) or the LP Gas Association (www.lpga.co.uk).

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
wr1 is sex :) cant help but wince a little bit when the guy is booting it in the carpark just cos of the understeer u can see...

love scoobys and if i wanted a awd rally esq car it would be a scooby over a evo... i have driven 450bhp evo's and while they are fun and scare the s**t out of me... the sound of a scooby does it for me...

not many engines do it for me on the sound besides the scooby.... maybe a rb26dett with a nice pipe on it or a 22b wankel or the 13b wankel with straight through pipes lol...

although any jap crap with external wastegate and screamer will make me dribble a bit lol

i had a play with a bug eye sti waggon month or so back and kept up and pulled on it in my 200 chatted to the guy after and he was so happy lol... also used to follow a p1 to uni most mornings, female driver and we both used to drive like arses lol but always got waves and nods :) its cool when a driver knows their cars and it seems most people with rare scooby models do :)

there is a sexual white bug eye round here dropped on the floor on some deep dished rims i love it!