ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Infamous solid red light-no start

Clio mk2 1.2 16v
Hi Guys,
I am new to he site been through majority of the NON start issues and I am now closer to the "match and petrol" syndrome...burn the thing.
I have the solid red immobiliser light on the dash. Pulled up the day before working fine went this morning to start..no start.
Checked the TDC, it's still magnetic and clean and got 225 ohm, check all relays and all functional, checked connectors at all points including the fuse bay and ECU..no issues there, fuel pump priming, throttle body is aligining even charged the battery up fully. No luck.
Just a note that the ABS relict or rings need replacing as brakes grind slightly and that as the task for today so would the ABS cause it not to start.
Any ideas welcome.Thanks

Clio mk2 1.2 16v
Hi, it's turns over for about 3 seconds and then have to reset ignition and then turns over again for 3 seconds and stops.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I had this recently. Was caused by me killing my battery for a long period of time, can't remember what the mechanic done he only took £20 though.