ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Info needed on Meguars clay

Mégane RS
Had a quick look at some peoples pics on here and it looks good, wnet to halfords had a quick read but what i wanted to know was how do you use it etc lol

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Wet the car with either a mildly soapy water or the detailing spray then just work across the panel, folding when the clays surface becomes dirty.

As father and son....
Vinnyc19 said:
is this stuff safe to use on alloys?

yup sure is but use it on the wheels last. Use plenty of QD or soapy mix do NOT apply to a dry area, make sure the clay slides nice and smoothly and make sure u check the surface area of the clay to make sure its not all muddied upw hen u start a new panel. If it is, just fold it in on itself until u find a new clean part then carry on. Also safe to use on glass.

Mégane RS
never used it before so dont know much about it, will one bar do the whole car lol?

vinny

Chocolate Bar™
yeah - just keep plying it in your hands so your always using a clean section on the car.

I always break the clay bar up into 3 pieces and use 1 piece. Keep the clay warm and wet, I put it in a bucket of warm/hot water when not using it.

106 GTi
Anything it pics up thet looks quite big like a big chunk of tar etc, make sure you pick them out of the clay before folding it and carrying on.