ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injector removal, 1.2 16v

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I have a misfire on my 1.2, and replacing the coil pack hasn't solved it. I thought the next best plan of attack was to swap injectors to see if the problem follows. Do i need to remove all the inlet manifold to do this? Seems like a ballache to just swap an injector around.
I have ordered some new spark plugs too just in case.
Anything else it could be? Code read gave single cylinder misfire, and removing the ht lead from cylinder 4 has no effect on the running of the engine. Removal of all the others changes the idle.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Well I managed to get the fuel guard rail off without removing the inlet manifold. All in all it would probably have been quicker removing the manifold but oh well.
I removed the rail, unpopped those b*****d clips, and wiggled the rail out. The injectors looked awful and i cleaned them with petrol and contact cleaner then swapped 1 & 2 to see if the problem followed. Got it all refitted and now there's no misfire anywhere. Car stutters when each lead is pulled so the injector must've been the problem.

Annoyingly with 1&2 swapped there was a really loud ticking noise behind the drivers side headlight, and I didn't like the idea of running them different ways to how they're meant to be so removed and swapped again. Back together and no misfire, however the car sounds raspier than before so im presuming the cat's fucked with the excess petrol being chucked down it? Not noticeably louder but it just sounds different.

For the life of me I can't refit the little clips on the injectors either, are these really necessary? I'd prefer to fit them, but wont have chance until the weekend to remove all the inlet manifold.

A success of sorts today!