ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insect Remover - Disaster

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
HI Guys

I went to wash my car yesterday.. Because it was covered in bugs, i used some insect remover. I followed the instructions, but nonetheless the crap made some marks on my bonnet. I will try and take some pics, but i am at work at the moment. I'am considering buying a polishing machine, but my question is which one which stuff is good to use with it?

SLK 350
Use AutoGlym bug and tar remover, very good stuff!

For getting your marks off, try using a small amount of T-Cut on a lint free cloth and work it into the affected area's, that should remove any marks it's left.

106 GTi
What product did you use? I just stick to soap and water.

Skip the T-cut - nasty stuff, try a mild polish like Autoglym Super Resin Ist.

Always try a mild polish first before bringing out heavier ones.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Forget the t-cut , get some megs scratch x . Best thing to do if you've got dried on bugs is to rehydrate them first , soak them in a warm mixture of shampoo and water , this will soften them up , then a good lambswool wash mitt , or if if you have a pressure washer use this after you've soaked em . If the car is waxed it also helps to remove them a bit easier .

106 GTi
Autoglym do a bug remover. AG Tar and Adhesive remover works well but I would not it on Bugs as it strips through all your wax.

Yaris Hybrid
Yikes I got some bug remover out in the garage. Had for xmas! Never tried it and probably won't now! Thanks for the warning! I might test it on my old mans car first!

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
LOL good idea, i used BASTA, it is really some nasty crap.

Rich --> Cheers mate, can i use the Autoglym Super Resin with at elictric polishing machine, and how do i do it??

RB 182
Sure it can be used with a PC but usually it's what people use by hand because there are other things people use for PC's.

106 GTi
Hand or PC does not matter with SRP. Chances are hopefully it should sort the defects by hand though.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I always used halfords own haha

But, i have a sponge with a fine netting over the top... blast with the jet wash - quick wipe with the sponge = job done

But ive found keeping a good layer of wax on the bonnet and bumper works wonders... they just wipe off!

She'll be getting a good cleaning next saturday before her car show :D

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Cheers guys, i sorted it using the spray polish... But think i'll soon need to do the whole car. Think i'am getting a PC. Which product is best/easiest to use with a PC?
Also which PC is good?? Any links?