ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermitant Speedometer Problem

TTRS & V50
Right, came back from France last night and it was 250+ miles to the ferry france side, after about 50 miles the speedometer stopped working, (this has happened before), but it stopped for the whole journey until the ferry, while this happens, the odometer stops clocking up miles too.

So i have about 400 unclocked miles from my trip to france this week. It works perfectly fine on short distance journeys but when you sit at speed for miles on end it dies until you get into town driving again.

Any guess's ?

TTRS & V50
I know this thread is old, but i think i was told the part to fix it. So putting this in here for reference.

Reckon it's the same mate. Mine had no pattern though - as likely to stop working in Town as it was on the motorway. Do you get the power surge when it kicks back in? There's quite a few threads on the problem, all with slightly different symptoms. Seems most were fixed with changing the sensor (was easy to fit by the way.)

Part number: 7700418919 (Speedo Sensor C2). About £25.

Hope this helps, Cheers Jim