ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IOS4.0 update - HELP!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Just upgraded my jailbroken 3G to 4.0. Now its saying the SIM is not supported and i can't get into the phone....

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It doesn't matter which device you have. Update to 4.2.1, then run the jailbreak and carrier unlock.

The 3G won't be tethered either, which is a bonus. A4 chip devices need an additional jailbreak to remove the tethering.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i cant see the phone in itunes though, says the sim card is not supported

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i downloaded this iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore then shift clicked restore and pointed to the file.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nah, it is.

There's currently no carrier unlock for A4 Chip (iPad, iPod Touch 4Gen and iPhone 4) devices or MC-Model 3GS'

So his 3G will be fine.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
speak english please - i cant get into the phone at all - says insert sim with no pin lock to activate.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just follow this. Done. All the links you need are in his video description.

As I said, don't bother with the link above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Well upgrade to 4.2.1 if you want.

If not, that jailbreak vid will still work for 4.0. Just download the 4.0 firmware from the link he gives.

You might as well be on 4.2.1 though.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
its finished but still says no SIM card installed. Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iphone. GREAT!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
you need to jailbreak it pal, it wont activate because it isnt a valid sim. follow that link i posted above then run ultrasnow from cydia to unlock, once you get that far

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
right its all working. I was doing that exact process for the 4.0 ipsw and redsn0w said it couldn't find it. Works ok with 4.2.1. Cheers.

I backed the phone up through itunes - how do i restore all my contacts and apps?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
should have the option to sync contacts when you sync it...

092308-0502-nuevasyncov17.jpg

Mine are all synced with windows contacts, but yours might be outlook etc