ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipad not loading pictures

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know why my ipad keeps playing up when loading images it just come up with a small blue square and question mark.

I have tried clearing cookies etc and done the reset where you hold home and off button together. Most images work but some wont and its bugging me now.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Images are too large to display.

I think iPads are only good up to about 10mb.

What browser are you using?

I suggest Chrome.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Its never done it before up until about a week ago though.

I use safari, do have chrome but I just prefer using safari.

Sometimes if I close safari reopen and open up the same page then it works again.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Wifi mate but it's not the fastest internet.

I'll give that a try though, will have to be tomorrow though as I'm at work now. Cheers :).

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Images are too large to display.

I think iPads are only good up to about 10mb.

What browser are you using?

I suggest Chrome.

Terrible advice.

1. there is no maximum file size.
2. Chrome on iOS uses the same rendering engine as Safari, it has to because iOS forces this system wide. 3rd party browsers can't use the Nitro javascript engine either (unless jailbroken)

Your problem is more than likely your connection or the device needs to be reset/restored.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Terrible advice.

1. there is no maximum file size.
2. Chrome on iOS uses the same rendering engine as Safari, it has to because iOS forces this system wide. 3rd party browsers can't use the Nitro javascript engine either (unless jailbroken)

Your problem is more than likely your connection or the device needs to be reset/restored.

I didn't mean per image size, I meant as a whole.

Like this guy for example;

sfu_engineer
Re: iPad safari not loading mass pictures.
Apr 12, 2010 2:09 PM (in response to illogicmindz)
I am a photographer as well and run into this problem. I took a look what Apple recommends web developers follow for content on their mobile platforms but also cannot figure out what is wrong.

http://developer.apple.com/safari/library/documentation/AppleApplications/Refere nce/SafariWebContent/CreatingContentforSafarioniPhone/CreatingContentforSafarion iPhone.html

The page linked says the iPhone OS should be able to handle individual files under 10Mb which the web sized images of most photographers blogs are, and that the total web page size should be under 30Mb which my own blog is. Still the iPad renders my blog beautifully until a certain number of photos are hit and then displays only blue question mark boxes from then on.

Using my own blog as a testing point it seems to only load about 6Mb worth of images out of 10Mb before it stops working. I would LOVE to use the iPad for web presentations but so far it doesn't work using this direct method.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
As a whole of what?

Because of the memory available on iOS, there are limits on the number of resources it can process:
  • The maximum size for decoded GIF, PNG, and TIFF images is 3 megapixels for devices with less than 256 MB RAM and 5 megapixels for devices with greater or equal than 256 MB RAM.
    That is, ensure that width * height ≤ 3 * 1024 * 1024 for devices with less than 256 MB RAM. Note that the decoded size is far larger than the encoded size of an image.
  • The maximum decoded image size for JPEG is 32 megapixels using subsampling.
    JPEG images can be up to 32 megapixels due to subsampling, which allows JPEG images to decode to a size that has one sixteenth the number of pixels. JPEG images larger than 2 megapixels are subsampled—that is, decoded to a reduced size. JPEG subsampling allows the user to view images from the latest digital cameras.
  • The maximum size for a canvas element is 3 megapixels for devices with less than 256 MB RAM and 5 megapixels for devices with greater or equal than 256 MB RAM.
    The height and width of a canvas object is 150 x 300 pixels if not specified.
  • JavaScript execution time is limited to 10 seconds for each top-level entry point.
    If your script executes for more than 10 seconds, Safari on iOS stops executing the script at a random place in your code, so unintended consequences may result.
    This limit is imposed because JavaScript execution may cause the main thread to block, so when scripts are running, the user is not able to interact with the webpage.
    Read “Debugging Web Content on iOS” for how to debug JavaScript on iOS.
  • The maximum number of documents that can be open at once is eight on iPhone and nine on iPad.

I doubt he's viewing anything that would break those barriers.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Sometimes its even loading the image but still showing the small blue square with a question mark :S

I haven't even reset the wifi yet lol so ill do it in a minute.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Facebook and CS but its not always doing it just sometimes.

If i close safari and reload the page it usually works.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
What the whole ipad? Will that mean I'll need to download all my apps again its all backed up on icloud so i'm guessing I just use that? Never done a full restore on my phone or ipad.

Bus w**ker
Next time it does it, screen grab and upload. But as Tom says, I'd be looking towards your connection from the sounds of it. Do you have any other device(s) you can test on and see if you're getting the same problem?

Have you tried punching it?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Never had the issue with my iphone but then I don't use it much on safari. I just deleted a load of apps I don't use and it hasn't done it just yet so fingers crossed.

​And how very funny of you, lol ;).

Bus w**ker
It expands when its clicked...

Does this load for you?

051_zpsf5e41f6c.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that loads and I just went back into the thread with the image in and it loaded the picture this time, it seems to be on and off.

It must be internet connection then? Sometimes I'll open a thread and all the pictures and sometimes a few avatars etc all come up with the same question mark but then if I go back 20 mins later it'll load them all no problem.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Internet speed is crap but its always been rubbish and never been an issue before.

Download speed. 1.08
Upload. 0.52
Ping. 78

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't seem to make much difference who your with in this village, my parents are with AOL I don't really have a say in it. I'll just have to put up with it until I move out I guess then lol.