ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod interfierance.??

Nine468

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy,BMW X5,
I have a 05 Clio Trophy that ive fitted a Becker grand prix head unit into, complete with the becker ipod lead.
The ipod is located in the glove box. And the connecting cable is routed from head unit to the back of the glove box.
Im getting some high pitched interfierance squeeling ONLY when the car seems to have warmed up. And it seems to get louder the longer ive been driving...
I have a few different ipods all connected to different Becker units in other cars and have never had this problem..
This ONLY happens when the ipod is playing, not when the CD or radio is being played.
Is there anything i might be able to do to stop this annoying interfierance.
Is there anything in the dash that might be causing it..
Dave.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Does the noise vary with revs? Wondering if maybe it's the diode pack on the alternator starting to fail and putting ground noise through the cabling. External hook up kits are very susceptible to it.

Nine468

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy,BMW X5,
No the noise is constant. Definately doesnt vary with revs...