ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod nano doesn't switch off?

RS200
I've got the new ipod nano, the square one with the clip on the back.

Thing is, you cannot turn them off. They just go into standby and switch themselves off after 36 hours. But the battery is always flat when I come to use it because of this, and have gone back to my older nano instead as it's always got charge.
The new battery is meant to last longer than my old nano, but doesn't due to not being able to switch it off.

I don't suppose apple are planning on bringing out a software update to combat this? Or is there a way to switch them off fully that I cannot fathom? :D

Bus w**ker
By design, they are never off but instead asleep.

Steve Jobs said:
About the Battery
iPod nano has an internal, non–user-replaceable battery. For best results, the first time you use iPod nano, let it charge for about three hours or until the battery icon shows that the battery is fully charged. If iPod nano isn’t used for a while, the battery might need to be charged.

Note: iPod nano continues to use battery power after it’s been turned off.

White clique
I have just bought one of these new nanos and they are total shite.

You cannot turn them off as stated above, and each morning when i go to use it in the car, the battery is on red. If you turn off your car before you turn off the nano, the screen blanks out and the ipod still plays and therefore you lose your place on the album or whatever.

You can also not forward the tracks with the tracker wheel, you have to do it with >> arrow and it skips about 3 seconds at a time, whereas the older nano could skip past 10 minutes in a couple of seconds (for DJ mixes as an example where the track is 1 long continous one).

And the most annoying thing is i only bought this as i lost my other nano - which turned up 2 days later in my gym shorts pockets :rolleyes:

So in short, you cant turn it off, and its a load of rubbish.