ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod Touch ? Anyone got one yet ?

Shed.
k so ive got £50 worth of argos vouchers lol. Anyone got one ? and what do you make of them. i hav had a little play with one in an apple shop. looked pretty cool.

Ford Kuga Phev
I've got one and its brilliant!

You can Jailbreak them to!
I have all the Iphone apps on mine!

I love my iPhone and have no reason to think the iPod touch would be any less fantastic to use. I say go for it if you don't want huge capacity :)

Clio 172 Mk2
sounds good mate, is it as easy as a standard mobile with buttons then for texting? im looking into getting one myself but then main thing i use a phone for is texting so im worried im gonna be hitting the wrong letters all the time

It does take a day or so to get used to the interface, but once rolling it's impossible to imagine using a normal phone again. It's just an incredibly cool device to own and use, regardless of it's obvious shortcomings. I imagine the iPod Touch is equally great.

I needed an unlocked phone because I use more than one SIM depending on which country I'm in. iPhone was an obvious present to myself :)

If you can afford then get the iPhone. Same as the Touch but with a very good phone built-in. I said good "phone" before people start banging on about megapixels ;)

Anyway sorry for the thread hi-jack :eek:

Clio 172 Mk2
yeah sorry for the thread hijack, my bad too!! least it gives some iphone info as well lol, cheers roy, might pm ya if i need some more info!!

The iPhone is awesome :) iPod functionality is great.

It is indeed a fantastic machine. The compromises that most people mention (myself included before now) simply vanish when you use it for a few days. Having a play in a shop with something expensive, that you've read doesn't have enough gigapixels, isn't the same thing as actually using it for a while as a phone.

Very true Roy, it's far better to use on a daily basis than any Nokia phone I've owned.

It makes the Nokia N95 look like it's made out of recycled dustbin lids if I'm honest. Also - 2mp camera is shite right? Until you realise that the pictures taken on it look great on its screen and you don't need to to transfer them to a PC to stop them looking s**t ;)

yeah i think i actually want one just to pull out in front of people and see their faces!! :)

To be fair mine's jailbroken so perhaps it does some things that the standard machine won't? I'm able to install all sorts of apps and things and it's unlocked of course. I still need to unlock my YouTube though :evil:

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll jailbreak my iPhone as soon as a version is available which works on 1.1.2 without the need to downgrade firmware etc.

dk

911 GTS Cab
yeah i think i actually want one just to pull out in front of people and see their faces!! :)

To be fair mine's jailbroken so perhaps it does some things that the standard machine won't? I'm able to install all sorts of apps and things and it's unlocked of course. I still need to unlock my YouTube though :evil:
what do you mean by unlock the utube mate?

The utube on the touch has everything, isn't it the same on the iphone?

what do you mean by unlock the utube mate?

The utube on the touch has everything, isn't it the same on the iphone?

My YouTube doesn't currently work. That's all I know. But I will get it working when I can be bothered :D

I think when you jailbreak the iPhone you lose the Youtube functionality and have to reinitialise it.

That's making sense. Two of my closest freinds also got an iPhone from the same source, and their Tube works fine and dandy. I'll get it working soon one way or the other so it's all gravy :)

Revels Mum & Sister
I think when you jailbreak the iPhone you lose the Youtube functionality and have to reinitialise it.

That's making sense. Two of my closest freinds also got an iPhone from the same source, and their Tube works fine and dandy. I'll get it working soon one way or the other so it's all gravy :)

Old man bought a 1.1.2 OTB we have Jailbreaked it and also he is using it with an O2 PAYG sim. Youtube fully working