ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is Google working for everyone?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Every time i google something it directs straight to a different search engine "K Directory"

And on images seach it loads them all onto 1 page? Annoying.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Every time i click in a link it goes straight to a different search engine. Very annoying. Cant get onto maps or anything

1.5dci
goto tools, then click internet options, half way down there is a header saying Browsing history, click the delete button under it, make sure there is only a tick next to Temporary Internet files (else things like auto login for here will go too) then select delete, close the browser and reopen it and try again, it might sort it for you

1.5dci
that yahoo answers thing sounds a bit dodgy, like the calls i get from my mum who says the computer says it's got xyz virus and i need to download mnop program to get rid of it.... usually after some searching it appears mnop is actually a virus and xyz is a harmless pop-up

although then again i've never actually heard of this one, you might want to do a bit more searching about what your need to download before you do it though

Do you backup?

1.5dci
Depends on what backup method you take, I've got a cheapish external Hard drive i plug in and do it all manually, but got my parents a more expensive one that once set-up does it all automagically this one: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/wd-my-book-elite-external-hard-drive-1tb-03769038-pdt.html, so at least I now know they can't mess it up, just plug in once a week and leave it whilst cooking tea and it's done so if anything goes wrong they don't loose all the photos and videos on there.

It's worth checking if you have a virus first though, if you do and make a back-up of files containing the virus you will still have it when you restore everything... no-one ever thinks of doing it until it's too late, including myself, lost a whole laptops worth of stuff many moons ago!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Mine does exactly the same as the poster above. I only downloaded IE 8 about 3 days ago. Has been fine since.

how do you re-format, i bought norton anti-virus to try and fix it it got rid of a few trojans but still got the google problem.

Goliath I
Not sure on the K thing... but google have been changing the way images a shown, upto about 1000 images a page are now shown

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's a virus I have it on my old IE I always use FF now.

It doesn't let you search google and when you do click on a result it fires you somewhere else. Cool virus and random.

New Browser will fix.