ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it me, or are these all lookin a bit similar??

Renault Clio Mk3
16602-t1.jpg

clio_o.jpg

2007 Nissan Tiida Compact Coupe
20025652-E.jpg

20025653-E.jpg

2006 honda civic concept
civicconcept2006_rear.jpg

civicconcept2006_front2.jpg

Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch 2.0 T SRi
15255442290.jpg

15255437240.jpg

Peugeot 207
Peugeot-207.jpg

peug271t_050225g-74010_enlarged_74037.jpg

Opel Corsa 2006
pic01_big.jpg

pic02_big.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto
5b329f9b12.jpg

37011.1.gen.jpg

Toyota Yaris II
2673162-toyota__vitz__front__II.jpg,property=Bild.jpg

2005yaris2.jpg

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeah they have all raised the rear lights and on all of them the skirts drop down a bit towards the front so look a bit more aggressive dont they.

Designers will tell you that all the safety regulations mean cars will now look very similar. Jaguar said as much when their new car happened to look exactly like any newish Aston Martin you care to mention. The Tiida could well be on the Micra platform, that would explains why it looks a lot like the new Clio.

I've always thought the new Astra looks one hell of a lot like a MK2 Clio from the front, I spotted a bright blue VXR coming at me from quite a distance not long ago and it looked just like an Arctic Blue 182.

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
The new golf looks similar to those aswell. Funnily enough I was thinkin about this earlier.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
chris-b said:
Give me the Nissan anyday,looks mint but will the peformance match it's looks?

quick goole and the computer says NO.
1.8 4 cylinder 120bhp.

bit poor for modern standards imo

Monaro VXR
See im one of the few that thinks the new RS looks the dogs danglies think its lovely.

That nissan is awesome as well. and i really like the new punto. Cant decide on the civic theres one near me someone has and everytime i see it i dunno if i like it or not. the rear spoiler just looks wrong. and ruins the whole look of the back imo.

Megane Mk4
I do like the new RS3 too ... just not over-keen on the rear bumper defuser it has ( it makes the car look cheap - even though we know it is! :D )
Nissan have the partnership with Renault so the cars will look similar in styling and Safety, but performance-wise will stay the same to both manufacturers..
But most cars look the same anyway.. True on the astra though ... I mistook one for a clio mk2 once .. still dont like them! lol

muz

big fat japanese bus
saftey regulations are getting so tight

All cars will look the bloody same in a few years :(

gone are the days of the wonderfully fabulous obscure individual looking cars

by 2020 will we all be in bubble shaped eco pods?