ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it me........

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

or are the clios becoming the new saxos, every mother and her son has got one specially 172s/182s, im not seeing much valvers or willys about. starting to feel like i aint got something special anymore

Yaris Hybrid

Loads of Clios in Bristol but they are all 1.2 16vs.

I have seen hardly any 172/182s although I dont go to cruises and hang around in areas where that crowd tend to gather. In my works car park (which is very big) there are a few CTRs and not a single 172/172 Cup/182.

And Bristol is the sports car capital of England, has the highest percentage of performance car owners than anywhere else in the country so you would expect the 172/182 to be a big seller here.

i was just thinking that the other day...especially blue ones.

Perhaps you should get a valver ive only seen two others in the 10 months ive had mine :D

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Had this conversation other day with Richy, there are loads more 182s around than there ever were 172s

there everywhere, they are at risk of becomin the next nova in a few years when they are all sold on to the next generation of Chavs after Evo has given them a "BIG UP" for the next 4-5 yrs!

Lee

BMW M2C

Common or popular depends how you want to look at it. I couldnt care less, I enjoy my car will continue to do so until Im ready to change it, most likely in 10 months time. LOL

The reason you dont see many Valvers is because they are either rusted into the ground or broken down. ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

Mines in Wednesday for the things they failed to fix last Wednesday. LOL

The car is fantastic, and like the 172 has yet to let me down or be off the road. Its just a shame there are so many small niggles to put up with and dealers who dont seem to have a clue what they are doing. Last time it went in they fixed something that wasnt wrong leaving the fault I took it in for. :confused:

But as Ive said before, its the only car I want to own at the moment that I can happily afford.

not round me, alot of normal 1.2 1.4 etc, iv seen 2 172s and 1 other 182 apart from mine no 172 cups, however CTRs and scoobies are aplenty

Lee

BMW M2C

They are friendly and helpful, but just cant seem get things right. I offered to take them out and show them the fault, but no, they knew best and applied a fix for something which wasnt broken. Great!!

Anyway, back on topic, most the 172s near me are driven by women. If I go to work late I see a black one doing the school run, and one is driven by a woman who works at the hospital. There is also a silver 172 and Blue 182 at the local bike shop, flyered by a friend who works with them, but no sign of either of them. Theres also a blue 172 on the road down from mine and sometimes a red one just up the road!! Everywhere they are. LOL

well theres a black/gold 182 a silver 182, 2 blue 182s and 1 racing blue 182 i see in roth and thats outside of work! see more when at work obviously lol

in donny ive seen 1 racing blue 182 as yet

only see 1 other williams then mine and ocasionally 1 or 2 valvers other then my sisters

[Edited by richy on 03 October 2004 at 9:16pm]

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

fair enough seems like 172/182 are mainly driven in citys, but there are loads of 1.2/1.4s about not 1.6s though, ive only ever seen 2williams and maybe 2 valvers (could be same driver).just pees me off a bit coz it does seem like its got a nova/saxo following to it

182, GTR, C63

I see a 172 cup all the time........ I drive it too though
Yup theres too many of them but dont bother me.

R26

Come to Edinburgh - Clio and 206 city, however, most of the clios are 1.2 16vs and a few 1.4. Seen a couple of blue 182s but not seen anyone else in a titanium 182 yet.

Quote: Originally posted by richy on 03 October 2004

yeah i did lol y?
I know him quite well, used to go to school with him and he got me discount on my car :) when it comes. Ill be taking it to you for a service then, get me any discount ;) Hes gone to Ring Ways in Doncaster now if ya didnt know.

Focus ST

I see loads of Renaultsport Clios all the time round here (Reading) but.......

I recently drove through France twice on the way to Portugal and back - almost every car is a Peugeot, Renault or Citroen but I swear I didnt see a single 172/182/cup for the whole time. They do sell them over there dont they???