ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the cambelt change at 5 or 6 years?

3 MPS, MX5
When should the cambelt be changed on a 2.0L non sport 56 plate Clio III, 5 or 6 years?

3 MPS, MX5
I'm looking at buying a 2006 56 plate 2.0L Dynamique which has recently had a service but when I asked the owner if the cambelt was changed they said that it wasn't due at that service which is 5 years.

If the cambelt should have been done then that would affect the offer that I make.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
there's a bit of stupidity around the intervals, and some vehicles are on 18 or 24 month schedules. These are daft though and as above, the 72k/5 year rule needs applying to everything

3 MPS, MX5
Thanks for clarifying. Its just the cambelt I was more concerned about as I'd factor that in the price I offer.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Thanks for clarifying. Its just the cambelt I was more concerned about as I'd factor that in the price I offer.

Aux belt KIT HAS to be done at the same time.

Brake fluid and coolant renewal is 72k or 4 years btw