ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this laptop good for the cash? Will it run games ok?

Mk2 Golf GTI
Acer Aspire 5633WLMi

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/acer_aspire_5633wlmi_lx.ay30x.049/version.asp

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66Ghz 667 FSB 2MB L2 Cache
RAM: 2048MB (2GB) DDR2-SDRAM - Low cost double memory offer, call for details!
Hard Drive: 160GB
Screen: 15.4" TFT CrystalBrite (1200x800)
Optical Drive: DVD±RW Super Multi
Graphics: NVidia GeForce Go7300
Wireless LAN: 802.11b/g
Weight: 2.8Kg
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
Fast Ethernet 10/100
Built-In 1.3 MegaPixel Camera

£520

And what sort of games will it run with that graphics card? Not looking to play crysis or anything but maybe COD, half life 2 etc.

It's mainly for uni work but the games will keep me occupied when bored

Last edited:
  BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
well you could 'run' most games...even crysis...just not very well. it would play WoW lovely though! :)

i would say it's and ok deal for the money. Acer aren't that bad.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Hmm, mixed opinions!

Is there anything else in that price range that you guys could recommend with similar performance?

Cheers

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Had 3 Acers now and found them to be all good for my needs although i dont play games on it. Battery life isnt the best.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've had 3 Acers. Dont find them too bad to be honest, and they sell a sh*t load, so they cant be that bad. Oh wait, I mean they sell a load of sh*t.

;)

Nah, they're good.

Got 2 acer laptops, and one is near on 3 years old, and the other 2 years old and no probs from either. Both get used quite a bit.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I used to slate Acers all the time and then my sister got one and can't rate them highly enough. For the money you can't really go wrong!