ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this real??

Don't know and haven't read much of it but imo it would be difficult to enforce and put a lot of places out of business.

Changes to often
Don't know and haven't read much of it but imo it would be difficult to enforce and put a lot of places out of business.

thats what i was thinking and in this economy, would seem like a stupid thing to do

ITB BG 182
is this the old prank arising again? like the man who gets his wallet robbed in asda carpark by two thai ladies?

no way is it real and they cant enforce it, as for some cars you cant buy the original parts the came with when registered so they will technically be modified.

some one needs a slap for being a sad b*****d to write that document up.

i heard facebook are deleting accounts if you dont pay though.

you can modify cars from new , different wheels etc they arent going to make it illegal !! this story has been going for as long as i have been driving along with your car will fail MOT if it has a remap etc its rubbish wont ever happen!!

Clio 182 Cup
very real, I know this because my dad is a member of the team at 'ACE' and has known about it for a while now, but the news has only just been made official.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes it's real, on another note I found this useful site today, check if you've been caught speeding:

http://www.i-database.co.uk/

County ID
E4/Geo/Gov
Town
Basildon,
Road
A19
Grid Ref
NZ446526
Camera Ref
Speed Limit
70mph
Speed Recorded
81.2mph
Date of Offence
Confirmed on August 16 2012

I got caught speeding in Basildon, on the A19 which is also Thornaby on the A66.

See you in 25 to life chaps.

:rolleyes:

Phase 1 172
you can modify cars from new , different wheels etc they arent going to make it illegal !! this story has been going for as long as i have been driving along with your car will fail MOT if it has a remap etc its rubbish wont ever happen!!

Dont bet your house on that.....

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
if the legislation was passed and enforced i'd love to see how much compensation the tuning and modification suppliers would be asking for for lost business.................

All it means is that modified cars, if deemed to be modified enough, will need to be checked for quality, safety and approval. Much like the TUV stuff in Germany.

Does that stop them modifying? No.

All it means is that there will be less pikey modified cars around with stick on crap that makes their car unsafe.

Alex has it spot on , lived and have had german registered cars , this will happen , it will make modifying harder , and will get rid of some engine modding , its the way it is and has been in germany and a fair few other european countires , you can say it will never happen , but i suspect you will be wrong .

oh and TUV approved stuff is alot more expensive due to the process of testing , welcome to the EU