ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes Films

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
IMG_0544.JPG I've downloaded a few films over the past off iTunes. I wanted to watch a film just now on my Windows PC. I opened up movies on iTunes and clicked a film and it's showing a white static screen and there's sound but no footage. When i click the Esc button on my keyboard it shows the film just for a split second before it goes back to the iTunes menu.

Any ideas, i've re installed iTunes but still the same.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Are you streaming the film or is it downloaded on you PC? Maybe worth deleting the film and downloading again if possible.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Are you streaming the film or is it downloaded on you PC? Maybe worth deleting the film and downloading again if possible.
The films on my pc all have the cloud on in the corner when I pressed pretty much all the films it was the same then I downloaded one and it was still the same. I'll try and delete one of them and then reinstall but I've never done that before. I've watched a few films I'm sure on my pc in the past and it was ok. I know I've got a brand new pc which has just been set up recently which I don't think it matters

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Sounds like DRM, were they iTunes purchases and did you just copy the movies across from one computer to another?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Sounds like DRM, were they iTunes purchases and did you just copy the movies across from one computer to another?
Yeah they were iTunes puchased, i didn't copy them over no to my new PC. When i set up my new PC just a month or two ago they came up on the movie bit itself or when i synced my PC to the iPad or iPhone, just the other day it only showed about 6 movies i went in and out of iTunes it still showed 6 but shortly after it showed the rest of my movies which is about 9 movies.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
yeah i had a look and it was already authorised. Just went on one of my films and it plays on Batman and tried another 4 films and it shows that screen shot as above. Got me baffled, i'm not all clued up on Apple stuff like

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Been in contact with Apple and spoke to numerous Senior Advisors on and off past week or two and done several things like Authorise and De Authorise computer and install up to date iTunes update and delete and reinstall films, still the same But yesterday and today i've went into iTunes and played 2 films that are SD and were downloaded of a voucher code they play perfectly fine. The other HD films that were puchsed of iTunes they still have a issue not showing properly. When i spoke to the Senior Advisor and she said it might be to do with my PC, when i metnioned again about me having a new custom pc and a new graphics card, she went away and when she came back another person is having the same issue very recently non HD flims are playing on iTunes. She's getting back to me hopefully tomorrow.
I wonder if it can sorted on another Apple update?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Sounds more like a driver/codec issue on your PC to me, and not an Apple issue?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Nah it’s not a Apple issue now, for the first time I’ve watched Netflix on my new pc and it does the same thing. When I press the power button on my monitor to off and to on again it now shows the picture as it should be. It’s shows YouTube and it shows the SD films on iTunes. Apple think it might be the new graphics card. When I view shared my pc today with Apple they could see my HD films on iTunes but I couldn’t.

I’m not sure what’s going on, it’s above my head

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Right, today i uninstalled the drivers for the graphics card and re installed it and updated them, and it's still doing the same. I got my brothers monitor via VGA cable and it works fine so ruled out that.
I rang overclockers where i got my PC see if they can help me out. They mentioned Drivers and re installed Windows.
I'm still waiting for a response of Gigabyte UK been about 5 days now, still nothing.
What else can i do?