ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes Help

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hello,

Im organising my music libary.

In a number of cases i've got compilation albums that have various artists. i.e

Screen shot 2011-09-10 at 21.09.17.png

HOW IN THE f**k do I get it to appear like this:

Screen shot 2011-09-10 at 21.11.29.png

Cheers

I did have a problem like this before. I think I solved it ticking the 'part of a compilation' tick box.

Try that, see if that works :)

(highlight all of the tracks in the album, then tick)

Bus w**ker
Album Artist name and then sort by same field. BOOM

*Edit - Ala...

itunes.jpg

Last edited:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
You've got all the same artists though, mine are done by different people. Dan I will have a go mate.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Dan that worked great on most of it, however it's left a few out for some reason :S They were all highlighted etc.

Screen shot 2011-09-10 at 21.32.36.png

Bus w**ker
Artist is the track artist, compilation albums use the album artist name of Various Artists (as all the music databases use). Lumps everything together and you get what you want.

itunes2.jpg

Ticking compilation f**ked a lot of my albums up in my library and I ended up starting all over.

*Edit - Also keeps all the tracks in the correct play order.

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
Highlight the album, click Get Info (f**k knows how you do that on a Mac). Clear out anything that's in the 'Album Artist' box and type in the overall artist for the whole album - if it's a mix/compilation album then use Various Artists. Click OK.

lukey.jpg

Click on this and from the drop down pick 'Album Artist'

lukey2-1.jpg

lukey3.jpg

Errm think that's it.

Bus w**ker
Happy to help.

*Await text from Luke "Mert I carnt gerrit werking, it's bein a reet dick".