ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes question regarding multiple device's and libraries

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
with the amount of ipod's etc in our house forever increasing I suppose it's about time I learned how to use iTunes correctly.

After looking on the apple web site I created a different user on my PC to run separate iTunes for my son, so my iTunes library is left alone. However when I sync'd his I pad with his iTunes it moved the music in my iTunes, even though i thought I'd created a separate iTunes library. After a bit of messing about we seem to have sorted it.

Can someone tell how you should set up two separate iTunes libraries - is it as we have done i.e two users on the PC each with their own iTunes.

Also if we both have the same music for example 100 Foo Fighters songs, does this mean that the PC will have each song saved twice (once in his library and once in mine).

oh and could the anti-apple brigade please refrain from posting in this thread.:rasp:

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
we've been doing that but the inevitable will happen when the boy will sync his music library and wipe my songs. I would prefer to keep his stuff separate from mine.

1.8 Civic EX
correct me if I'm wrong but I was always under the impression that the Itunes account and the actual library were two seperate things?

Two accounts to buy music from the store etc but it all gets dumped into the one library? Unless using two different PC's with two different librarys altogether...

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
In preferences, go to advanced and see if the box next to "Copy files to iTunes media folder..." is ticked. I think I had some issues when starting as well. Can't remember if this sorted it. You will need to do it for both libraries.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
In preferences, go to advanced and see if the box next to "Copy files to iTunes media folder..." is ticked. I think I had some issues when starting as well. Can't remember if this sorted it. You will need to do it for both libraries.

no it's not ticked.

Thanks I'll try that....