ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jonesys' S**t Shed Thread

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
Update
Woaaaah... Sorry guys I didn't realise it had been THIS LONG since I last updated the thread :|
Evidentially it has been 7 fricking months since I last posted here.... so just a small update as I try and get back into 'enjoying communicating with other human beings'.

I am rattling my brain as to what work I have done in that time...

In short the answer is not a lot.

See you in another 7 months.

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
Update Continued
Seriously though next to nothing has been done...

Around August I had a new clutch fitted, and both front wheel bearings replaced. (Sorry no pictures).
I did this in order to ensure the Misses and I could travel relatively safely all the way up to CSF17!

We made it all the way there with no issues (and back I might add).
The few days we spent up there were great fun, t'was a real blast finally putting some faces to names from here.

That dreaded dent is still on the left side of the car.. although as it hasn't had a wash since the beginning of October, and I use it daily to travel from Cardiff to Bridgend, it is in quite a state so you cant see the marks!

A personal update - The misses and I are planning a wedding for next year (dare I joke about an open invite?!), and we are buying a house this year (from plan with expected completion date April/May). Due to these two rather money grabbing experiences I haven't had much spare dough to splash on upgrades/mods for the Yellow - much to the belief that by being on this forum I MUST be a baller...
Having said that, I recently had some back issues and this thing is not the best thing to drive in that scenario, so I started looking at a more 'sensible' car. Realising its not the best financial move at this moment in my life I have no convinced myself to splash out on some bits and bobs. (I promise this is the case - the misses did not tell me 'NO' to a second car...)

There won't be any major improvements making their way any time soon, but more just some cheaper cosmetic things, a list of which are:

- Some new floor matts - the carpet is looking a bit worse for wear now.
- Some less 'in your face' pedals/covers
- A replacement radio/display unit - the one currently installed does not appear on the display so I can't enter the code for the radio
- A new gearstick gaiter (the current one has popped out and a clip has snapped off it - the common fault)
- Seatbelts - The driver and passenger seatbelts are stinking - but I have seen yellow seatbelts online which I like the idea of but unsure if I should make that move.
- A rear wiper - the previous owner removed the rear wiper and as I use it daily, combined with a lack of a clean, I can near enough not see out of the back window....
- Renault badge covers/replacements - the current ones have been painted and they are flaked and tacky looking
- Fuse box & battery covers - looking to clean up the bay a bit and I am a fan of the idea of some of the sets you can get on ebay etc

Like I said not much going on atm so sorry about that, but it's stuff I need to get done, as well as a full spring clean (waiting for some better weather and my back to be in a better place)

I promise to try and post some more pictures up on the weekend (we are currently without internet at home..), and to start posting some more regular updates than every 7 months..

Chao