ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Crashed :( (With Pics)

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
So I was in a line of traffic and there were 2 cars turning right into a petrol station which were 3 cars infront of me. The car infront of me was a 5 door Astra, as he went to go around the 2 cars infront of him, the one pulled out and decided not to turn right, giving no signal. I was unaware of them pulling out so i edged forward at about 10mph but was just looking at the traffic coming head on, the guy in the Astra infront of me had to slam his breaks on, causing me to slam my breaks on, resulting in me going into the back of him. Luckily he was a very nice guy and didnt blame me or anything, as the car infront of him caused him to break irratically. His damage was just paintwork no cracks or dents as I managed to swerve thecar as I breaked. Mine resulted in the below...The bumper will need a respray and re connecting, that about it really. If I can find a place cheap enough to respray both bumpers I told him im willing to pay for half of his as we both didnt really want to go through insurers as excess would probly cost more then the work that needed to be done.

Anybody know any cheap places for resprays in Midlands?

Pics of damage :(

l_740eecfb69a34523b1b68bcf9ebc56af.png

l_cf46a4f8328142b7b4d2a9c4351989b7.png

l_868021cca18746eaa8e292020093d464.png

Mk2 1.2 Campus
You've been very lucky if he accepts half of the money. If someone crashed into the back of me then I wouldn't accept it

Ahhh see you hit the breaks that's the problem, if you had hit the brakes you would have been fine.

I did use them, the car skidded as I turned it, theres minimal damage so I think I made the best out of it lol.

Well the guy even said it wasnt my fault nor his so

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I did use them, the car skidded as I turned it, theres minimal damage so I think I made the best out of it lol.

Well the guy even said it wasnt my fault nor his so

Understand what you mean. Other way to look at it is from the point of view of the person in front who braked. If that was you that braked and caused 2 people behind to crash would you take the blame?

Understand what you mean. Other way to look at it is from the point of view of the person in front who braked. If that was you that braked and caused 2 people behind to crash would you take the blame?

Good point, but that person fcked off. No signal was given which is the p*iss take

Ahhh see you hit the breaks that's the problem, if you had hit the brakes you would have been fine.

yeah i know that in heinseight lol but to be fair there was traffic coming head on aswell so could have been alot worse :dapprove:

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
So I was in a line of traffic and there were 2 cars turning right into a petrol station which were 3 cars infront of me. The car infront of me was a 5 door Astra, as he went to go around the 2 cars infront of him, the one pulled out and decided not to turn right, giving no signal. I was unaware of them pulling out so i edged forward at about 10mph but was just looking at the traffic coming head on, the guy in the Astra infront of me had to slam his breaks on, causing me to slam my breaks on, resulting in me going into the back of him. Luckily he was a very nice guy and didnt blame me or anything, as the car infront of him caused him to break irratically. His damage was just paintwork no cracks or dents as I managed to swerve thecar as I breaked. Mine resulted in the below...The bumper will need a respray and re connecting, that about it really. If I can find a place cheap enough to respray both bumpers I told him im willing to pay for half of his as we both didnt really want to go through insurers as excess would probly cost more then the work that needed to be done.

Anybody know any cheap places for resprays in Midlands?

Pics of damage :(

sorry but imo you're to blame, looking where you're going FTW...............expect the unexpected with so many tw4ts on the road these days

glad its not too much damage

200 FF Storm Grey
You've been very lucky if he accepts half of the money. If someone crashed into the back of me then I wouldn't accept it

lol me neither

A woman went into me the other week, i said there and then im getting quote tomorrow and want money asap really as i werent willing go through insurers and have an accident in my history for her not paying attention to her driving

She paid up easily enough and i made £100 out of it for a cheeky lie with the quotes

sorry but imo you're to blame, looking where you're going FTW...............expect the unexpected with so many tw4ts on the road these days

glad its not too much damage

I never said it wasn't my fault mate, but even the guy who I went into said that there wasn't much I could do

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
I never said it wasn't my fault mate, but even the guy who I went into said that there wasn't much I could do

dont want to come across as a preacher but there was something you could do ie. look where your going, you said that you were looking at the traffic coming towards you...........its a bit of a sore point for me as i've been rear ended 3 times,( that sound disgusting lol) twice in a car and once on my bike, all because people not driving to the conditions and not concentrating on where they're going and whats infront of them, its no fun seeing your pride and joy sliding down the road.

anyway hope you can get it fixed soon and it doesnt cost too much

120d M-Sport
Lol @ all the best drivers in the world in this thread! Sh1t happens, tell me you havent had or had a near miss when not paying attention for 5 seconds.

Same sort of thing happened to me mate, don't even believe i put a tiny crack in his bumper. It was a courtesy car too. He was saying how he was going to get proof of me hitting him and how he was taking his 20 or so year old sister to hospital over a 10mph kiss etc.

Lolol what a joker he was :rasp:

Seems you got a decent chap who you hit though! Never hit an Asain! Claims as long as your leg :rasp:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lol me neither

A woman went into me the other week, i said there and then im getting quote tomorrow and want money asap really as i werent willing go through insurers and have an accident in my history for her not paying attention to her driving

She paid up easily enough and i made £100 out of it for a cheeky lie with the quotes

Sorry pal - but that kind of s**t REALLY fcuks me off. It really is no wonder these days why people feel compelled to drive off and try to ignore any damage they cause.

If they caused £100 of damage to the car then they should pay that and a little bit more for the incovenience they have caused you. Apart from when people are totally 'tards on the roads, an accident is exactly that - an accident. We all make mistakes in life and these days - we get financially butt-f**ked for doing them.

A bloke I work with had some scrape damage on the rear quarter of his Ibiza caused by another driver. He got one printed quote for £1.3k of work to sort it out! There was no way that work could be justified for the cost. He ended up getting a superb job done at another bodyshop for around £300.

The whole system is just so open to abuse and people taking the piss, imo. :rolleyes:

D.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Unlucky jat-hope you get it fixed soon. Live and learn la.

Lol, h'ABS is breaken on all cups iirc...:rasp:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Glad not too much damage, but clearly your fault fella. Had you left a decent enough gap, would of been much less likely to happen.

I totally agree it was my fault, never the less everything is sorted on his car now. I had it fixed for him, save going through insurers and loosing no claims. Ill be getting mine doen on the 15th. As I say it was an accident, so I can only learn from it.

Oh and SBV116 - I bought it with the 182's on it mate, - im putting 0z f1's on it tomorrow :)