ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just sent the 7D back to Canon

BG Clio 182
Typical the warranty ran out on the 31st Jan as well:mad: Got it out last week to take some pictures of my new 182 and noticed loads of vertical lines running through every picture, tried changing lens batteris card etc.. Made no difference thought the LCD may have been knackered but the lines come through the pictures even after downloading them to the computer.

Dread to think how much this could cost :(

Here is an example of whats happened to mine:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1019&message=38267236&changemode=1

Just waiting to get a repair estimate back from Canon although i would like maybe a reduction as a gesture, of goodwill that would be nice.

Was it a 12 month warranty mate? If so remind them that under the sale of goods act it is not reasonable to expect a 1k body to crap out after a year. A £50 compact maybe but not a grands worth of kit. You are also aware of the 2 year European warranty on goods sold within Eu? Research your consumer rights before reaching for your wallet

BG Clio 182
Was it a 12 month warranty mate? If so remind them that under the sale of goods act it is not reasonable to expect a 1k body to crap out after a year. A £50 compact maybe but not a grands worth of kit. You are also aware of the 2 year European warranty on goods sold within Eu? Research your consumer rights before reaching for your wallet

Yeah just the standard 12 month guarantee, but i shall definatley bear that in mind when i hear back from Canon.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Camera already gone ? Try importing via canons own software and see if it cures it. Been having this discussion with a guy at work as he's had no end of problems. Canon software appears to be ok, so they report there's no problem....

Hope you get it sorted out !