ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec poor customer service attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Unless the primary lambda is guffed?

I seem to remember when mine was fucked I failed the MOT pretty impressively.
I think he was more talking about the system, not the sensors monitoring the fuelling.
It's pretty obvious that it'll fail with a knackered lambda, which will also show on the emissions sheet (separate to the CO and HC readings)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
There are loads of items that aren't for road use, polybushes aren't for road use ffs but so many people fit them.

Ktec having that as their get out of jail free card is quite frankly pathetic, they've clearly done it because if they listed it as "will not pass MOT" would result in next to no sales.

It's clearly a scumbag trick and works. The fact they have been on the defensive since you have queried it says everything,

KTEC if you're reading this, do the right thing and send nudes

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
There are loads of items that aren't for road use, polybushes aren't for road use ffs but so many people fit them.

Ktec having that as their get out of jail free card is quite frankly pathetic, they've clearly done it because if they listed it as "will not pass MOT" would result in next to no sales.

It's clearly a scumbag trick and works. The fact they have been on the defensive since you have queried it says everything,

KTEC if you're reading this, do the right thing and send nudes
100% this...... especially the nudes 😂

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
If I was buying it and it said "not for road use" I would presume it may possibly fail MOT emissions tbh.

If you buy it its chance you take or ask the question ref this before purchase if unsure.

Maybe the response from them was not the best but seems pretty clear to me.

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
If I was buying it and it said "not for road use" I would presume it possibly fail MOT emissions tbh.

Maybe the response from them was not the best but seems pretty clear to me.
As has been said a few times, it's a bit ambiguous.
There are many things fitted 'not for road use' yet can and do pass MOTs.

Their write up needs to be much better worded.

A catalyst that doesn't catalyst is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike 🤷

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Hi Guys - Ayshe here.

After several emails with the OP and a 1 star Google review which has been responded to, I'm now going to respond on here as well. I'll keep it short and sweet, as most of the details have already been posted above anyway.

The complaint from the customer is that the cat is 'not fit for purpose' as it will not pass an MOT test. The cat is advertised as not for road use, this is for a number of reasons which can vary from country to country, hence we do not list all the different reasons why it might not be legal in each of the countries we ship to (which is basically everywhere). If a product is not sold for road use, it should not be assumed that it will pass an MOT test, as this isn't a requirement of the product if it isn't being used on the road. As mentioned above and in my emails to the OP, there are race series that require a cat to be fitted - this cat does not need to pass a UK emissions test.

It was by no means my intention to make the customer feel like I didn't care, I simply cannot do anything about the fact that the customer chose to purchase this cat, rather than the OE Spec unit we sell just above it on the website, which is for road use and will pass an MOT.

If the general concensus is that the listing stating 'for off road and track use only' is not clear enough, then I will make sure this is made more clear.

I hope this clears things up for the OP and anyone else interested.

Ayshe

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
I would also like to add - I saw mentioned above about the business changing hands. This is true, however the staff are mostly the same team, including myself who has been with the company over 9 years now.

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi Guys - Ayshe here.

After several emails with the OP and a 1 star Google review which has been responded to, I'm now going to respond on here as well. I'll keep it short and sweet, as most of the details have already been posted above anyway.

The complaint from the customer is that the cat is 'not fit for purpose' as it will not pass an MOT test. The cat is advertised as not for road use, this is for a number of reasons which can vary from country to country, hence we do not list all the different reasons why it might not be legal in each of the countries we ship to (which is basically everywhere). If a product is not sold for road use, it should not be assumed that it will pass an MOT test, as this isn't a requirement of the product if it isn't being used on the road. As mentioned above and in my emails to the OP, there are race series that require a cat to be fitted - this cat does not need to pass a UK emissions test.

It was by no means my intention to make the customer feel like I didn't care, I simply cannot do anything about the fact that the customer chose to purchase this cat, rather than the OE Spec unit we sell just above it on the website, which is for road use and will pass an MOT.

If the general concensus is that the listing stating 'for off road and track use only' is not clear enough, then I will make sure this is made more clear.

I hope this clears things up for the OP and anyone else interested.

Ayshe

As we discussed, my feeling and many here echo the sentiments, is that it isn't worded well at all.

Also many items not for road use are regularly fitted to vehicles that can and do pass MOTs, so yes your write up absolutely should say what the decat (sorry 'sports cat') is intended for.

But thank you for responding, I'm sure that's cleared it up.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
As we discussed, my feeling and many here echo the sentiments, is that it isn't worded well at all.

Also many items not for road use are regularly fitted to vehicles that can and do pass MOTs, so yes your write up absolutely should say what the decat (sorry 'sports cat') is intended for.

'Many echo the sentiments'. Who?

What do you think an MOT is? Well as you clearly aren't aware, it's to determine whether a vehicle is road worthy.

So when a company sells a product that states 'Not for road use' - how do you read that as 'Will deffo pass MOT'?

Genuinely baffled.

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
'Many echo the sentiments'. Who?

What do you think an MOT is? Well as you clearly aren't aware, it's to determine whether a vehicle is road worthy.

So when a company sells a product that states 'Not for road use' - how do you read that as 'Will deffo pass MOT'?

Genuinely baffled.

"Had it said this I'd never have bought it, though I expect the number of people buying this, thinking it a good replacement because of the ambiguity of their ad must be quite high"

"Ktec having that as their get out of jail free card is quite frankly pathetic, they've clearly done it because if they listed it as "will not pass MOT" would result in next to no sales."

"As for the cat, what's the point in selling one that does bugger all?"

"Am I being slow here? What's the purpose of a sport cat if it can't pass an MoT on emissions?"

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
"Had it said this I'd never have bought it, though I expect the number of people buying this, thinking it a good replacement because of the ambiguity of their ad must be quite high"

"Ktec having that as their get out of jail free card is quite frankly pathetic, they've clearly done it because if they listed it as "will not pass MOT" would result in next to no sales."

"As for the cat, what's the point in selling one that does bugger all?"

"Am I being slow here? What's the purpose of a sport cat if it can't pass an MoT on emissions?"

Anyone else find K-Tec customer service lacking?

Not overly happy with their sports cat (emissions are over 5 times legal limit) and whilst their ad does say 'not for road use' (it doesn't specify why) I'd assumed it may be down to increased noise as at no point does it say it'll fail emisions/MOT, especially as I've had Sports Cats from other companies on previous cars which have passed emissions 🤷

If I'd misread or dropped the ball on this then fair enough, but I found their customer support to be 'lacking'.

I've had a few back and forth emails from customer support, but the bottom line is they may as well have said "that sounds like a you problem"

The fact I'm not happy with the purchase aside, the poor attitude from them has meant I won't be using them again.

Anyway, that's my morning winge over

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sorry but after paying £324 for that and it not passing the MOT i'd be absolutely fuming.

It's clearly just a pipe with wire wool inside it. Either that or someone's got salt bae to sprinkle 0.0000000000001g of Rhodium inside it prior to welding up.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

I can see there is a mixture of opinions on the wording in the comments above, it seems like a matter of perspective from what I am reading.

If a customer chooses to fit a part to their vehicle that is not for road use, we cannot be held responsible for the consequenses, be that an MOT failure or anything else. If we had falsley advertised the product then I would be apologising profusley and rectifying the situation, but we have not.

I hope this is now resolved and a lesson learned all-round.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Anyone know what the emissions figures are for a decat?
Is this "sports cat" doing anything at all?

The problem here is 99% of people believe a sports cat should pass an emissions test. The "not for road use" could be down to increased noise, which half the exhausts we've all fitted in the past are the same.

The advert just needs to state it won't pass a UK emissions test. Job jobbed. If ktec know it won't, and aren't stating such, then it's a completely misleading advert

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

You seemed baffled that anyone agreed with sentiments.
As has been said countless times, many other sports cats (and other items deemed not for road use) can and do pass Mots.

Also from past experiences with sports cats that have passed Mots, albeit only just, it's not a reach to think this item should act as a catalyst, when in fact, it doesn't. Not at all.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Should be locked now as it's just going round in circles.

OP has had his say.

KTEC have had theirs.

Plus every Karen on the forum has too LOL

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone know what the emissions figures are for a decat?
Is this "sports cat" doing anything at all?

The problem here is 99% of people believe a sports cat should pass an emissions test. The "not for road use" could be down to increased noise, which half the exhausts we've all fitted in the past are the same.

The advert just needs to state it won't pass a UK emissions test. Job jobbed. If ktec know it won't, and aren't stating such, then it's a completely misleading advert
I agree with this.

If nothing else I'd like to see K-Tec take this onboard and be abundantly clear on the write up...... we'll see I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.