ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k850i is buggered

Mini Cooper S sport
MEH

I'm just out of an 18 month contract, thought this shitbox phone would last me until a decent phone comes out, but no.

It's died. Spectacularly, tonight.

Flash upgrade hasn't worked, the keypad is fucked.

I'm most pissed off.

MEH MEH MEH.

If it's the touch screen part of it packed up it's common. New keypad/membrane req'd. Cheap PAYG or dig an old handset from somewhere until the handset you want comes out.

Mini Cooper S sport
Nope, oddly the touch screen still works, it's the keypad which doesn't.

f**king thing. I feel like my arm has been severed.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
SE glory days are over, the C905 is alright but i'd never get another SE

Mini Cooper S sport
Well I've currently got an LG Shine just to keep me going, it was on a cheap deal.

It's already pissing me off, you can't even send texts to a group!

Still, it works and it'll do for now.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i have one aswel, hate it with a passion, slow, crashes, and its a sony ericsson.

In between cars....
SE are cr@p, end of story, have been for years, went through 4 K850's then demanded a change, was sick of them, first one i got didnt even work out of the box!

Mini Cooper S sport
My mate's just got a Nokia 5800, I was VERY impressed with it. Would have one over an iPhone anyday.

For now I'm waiting for my Omnia HD, hope it'll be worth it.

Mini Cooper S sport
It's weird though, it's been fine for most of the 18 month contact, it only needed a software upgrade after screwing up in January. It's odd that is fucked up in the month that my 18 month contract ended. Up til then I quite liked it, it did most things I want a phone to do.

However now it has a large dent in it after I threw it across the front room in fury (and the front door has a hole in it hehehe)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I loved my K850i, but the little gal decided to chew one of the buttons on the top of the keypad, and deposit in her own brand of saliva, which in turn completely wrecked the touch screen and caused random presses of buttons. I then punched the phone, which cracked the screen. I've resorted to using a K800i for the last 5 or so months, but my contract is also up and I have no idea what to get next.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
My trusty K800i has been going for donkeys years... its now my work phone

Megane Mk4
My trusty K800i has been going for donkeys years... its now my work phone
I'm on my second k800i in nearly 3 1/2 years. First one the joystick stopped working on it. They're excellent phones, just the joystick on them that suck.

Mini Cooper S sport
I'm missing my k850i a lot now. The LG Shine sucks donkey balls :( Guess it will make my next phone seem amazing though.

Mini Cooper S sport
No point, I was going to get rid of it anyway in about two month's time. I've just bought a cheapo phone to keep me going til the phone I want (Samsung Omnia HD) is released in June.

But Christ this LG is crap.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Sony Ericssons have a 2 year manufacturers warranty. Have a search on their site and you can send it in to be repaired free of charge.

M2 Competition
Aye, some larger carphone warehouses have a repairs guy on site that will carry out sony ericsson warranty repairs foc. Even if you didnt buy from them.

Mines been back to carphone warehouse in reading 4 or 5 times now for repairs.

172 Cup
Go back to the shop you got it from and send it ff for a free warranty repair mate the k850i comes with 2 years warranty!! Hope this helps.

Dynamique Flamer
I have found newer phones to be not as good as older simpler phones I had a touch screen samsung but then bought a cheap handset to use until my contract is up :(

i am on my 5th and its fucked, wont let me send or accept photo texts due to no phone memory being left.....apart from fact ever single non needed file has been deleted, ie ringtones etc, it was sent back to 02 to be replaced b a nokia but 02 sent it back stating couldnt find return reference so ended up just keeping it.....

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I've had 2 keypads and 2 screens for my k850 lol. Keypads are cheap on ebay (about £8-9), and easy enough to replace if you can be bothered

120d M Sport
SE, say no more.

Had two K800i's which never let me down and took some serious abuse!

I dont know of many who have a k850i and haven't had problems though, that phone seems doomed, other than the green/black ones which seem far less troublesome than the blue/silver versions.