ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kangoo Van Help!!

Clio 172
hi all ,

I have just purchased a Kangoo van for work and there are a few issues with the van i would like to get sorted ASAP.

1. most of the key is broken off inside the lock barrel but the van can still be started with the remaining part of the key, so do i just need a new barrel and keys?

2. Cental locking is not working could this be because of the key been broken off and still in the ignition? when i press the key fob the indicators blink but the van does not lock.??

3. the speedo hardly work, it does work sometimes tho so could this just been a speedo sensor?

cheers for any help in advance

David

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
1 - New key blade if you can remove the broken blade or new locks. I'd try and remove the old one though if you can.

2- Central locking is working indicated by the indicators flashing. You'll need to check that the UCH is sending the actuation command to the locks and also make sure the locks are actually working as it may just need new actuators.

3 - Speedo sensor

Clio 172
thanks Mick,

regarding the central locking, the button inside the van for the locks does not seem to do anything at all! the door will lock if i manually push the snib down but apart from that i cannot get them to work via the key, have a new lock coming tuesday but ill see if there is anyway to get the blade removed from the lock atm!

thanks for your help

David