ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keep or get rid?

RB182cup&golf gti
After majorly pissing about this week I've made the sensible grown up (and seriously boring) decision to swap my year old mountuned Fiesta ST2 for a new focus 1.0ecoboost. Little bit gutted but needs must. Wife has a 1.2 09 plate Clio dynamique and I also opted to trade that in as thought don't "need" 3 cars and she'll be using the focus (we currently have a mint 182, 1.2 and the ST2).
We've owned the 1.2 from new and its on 28k with full Renault history and ford are going to give me a cheque for 3.3k for it. Given that it's mot'd and taxed until June I'm now thinking of keeping it and running it over winter rather than dusting the cobwebs off the 182, as the 182 is a 21k miler garage queen.
Reason for the swap is we've got a little boy and its getting increasingly difficult lugging him and his stuff round in a 3 door hatch, and I bought myself the ST last year before we knew we were having him, else wouldn't have bothered getting it!
So after a week of weighing up the pros and cons of getting rid of the ST I'm now having bloody second thoughts about the Clio!! Now thinking I could use it over the winter, plus it's handy to chuck stuff in and use a cheap to run runaround and not worrying about where I park it and so on. 3.3k seems a reasonable price for it though so not sure what to do. Any suggestions? I know, it's a piece of metal and hardly life or death but for some stupid reason I get attached to cars!