ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keys lock inside

clio 2003 D4F
I have locked the only key I have in a 2003 clio. This happened either when I disconnected and reconnected the battery or when I blew high pressure air into the engine compartment fuse/relay box. Why either action would activate the central locking I don't know. I have the bonnet open. Is there a way to open the central locking other than with the key if I have access to the bonnet?

PH2 172
I have locked the only key I have in a 2003 clio. This happened either when I disconnected and reconnected the battery or when I blew high pressure air into the engine compartment fuse/relay box. Why either action would activate the central locking I don't know. I have the bonnet open. Is there a way to open the central locking other than with the key if I have access to the bonnet?

@DaveDreads is the expert, see post 6

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/can’t-unlock-my-clio-someone-help.823107/#post-11690578

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The advantage you've got is the battery is connected, in your situation i'd be aiming to press the central locking button on the dash using the wire coat hanger trick, much easier than hooking the interior door handle.

clio 2003 D4F
Thanks guys for the suggestions. For now the windows are covered in ice and it's dark. Not brimming with confidence bout getting any pressure on that button with a coat hanger though. Has anyone ever managed that? Even when I've wedged the top of the door open the wire is still going round a tight corner. Must be positive must be positive....
Also, Dave in your video where you pulled the cable up it wasn't on a clio. Is a clio door the same?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I've opened many cars by wedging the door open and using a wire coat hanger or similar to press the interior unlock button.

Yes the Clio's doors have a steel wire going from the interior handle to the door latch.

But honestly by far the easiest way is using something to press the unlock button on the dash.

clio 2003 D4F
Thanks Dave. I will give it my very best shot in the morning.
In the pic I've attached of a mark 2 front door mech that's on ebay, the cable looks as if it's contained within a sheath. This make me more concerned about the likely effect of pulling on it than if was a naked cable. Fingers firmly crossed!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 37

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Thanks guys for the suggestions. For now the windows are covered in ice and it's dark. Not brimming with confidence bout getting any pressure on that button with a coat hanger though. Has anyone ever managed that? Even when I've wedged the top of the door open the wire is still going round a tight corner. Must be positive must be positive....
Also, Dave in your video where you pulled the cable up it wasn't on a clio. Is a clio door the same?

bamboo stick from a garden

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Dave. I will give it my very best shot in the morning.
In the pic I've attached of a mark 2 front door mech that's on ebay, the cable looks as if it's contained within a sheath. This make me more concerned about the likely effect of pulling on it than if was a naked cable. Fingers firmly crossed!
You could be right there, door wedge and long pointy thing it is then.

clio 2003 D4F
Ok all, the result is......

AA man in 3 mins. Pic attached. Hero. I couldn't get the top of the door nearly open enough. A coat hangar by the way doesnt reach the dash button until there's hardly any to hold onto. It has to be done from the rear of the door to have any hope of any forward pressure on the button. The AA man had some plastic wedges and critically an inflatable cushion. He then used some fairly stiff wire, looked like fencing wire. Anyway all sorted much as predicted and thanks very much for all your advice.

Attachments

• AA man in action.jpg
    AA man in action.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 55