ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

know nothing.

clio grande rn
Can someone tell me what is meant by a remap,
keep seeing this in the forums, but dont understand what it is, sorry if this is a stupid question!.:mad:

VaVa
It's basically loading a new program onto your ECU. The part of the program that controls the fuelling etc is called a 'map'. Therfore changing the stock map on the standard ECU is know as a 'remap'.

RenaultSport 197
I thought it optomises your existing ECU so that your car set up is more tuned and you get more power out of your car?

VaVa
Pretty much. Not something you should try yourself, although I don't beleive that actually loading a new map onto your ECU would be that difficult given the right equipment.

It's the alterations to the map itself where the clever stuff is.

I may have it wrong but I was under the impression that a new 'map' was downloaded to your ECU. Only the fuelling bit is changed iirc.

Clio PRIVILEGE 1.4
by the way is there a FAQ so i can learn what things liike iirc mean and whats a scooby et etc and names of cars and parts you guys use

williams and trophy
remap.basically all cars have a map on their ecu, all the same map, i.e, all 197 clios will leave the factory with the exact same fuelling map, these are factory set to give the best mpg, emissions without losing too much power.

now a re-map, is in my opinion, where someone who knows what they are doing, gets the best out of the fuelling map on the ecu, for the engine its running, i.e. most 197s will need a slightly different map to any other 197, due to tolerances in manufacturing the engine etc. there are the off the shelf chips, which are generic and only give limited results on limited engines.i.e not all 197s with the same off the shelf chip will give the same results..

re-map is getting the optimum out of your fuelling map for that specific engine, whilst also getting good emissions, and could also get better mpg, and more power.