ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lamba sensor

VX220
In April my exhaust fell off so i had a Ktec stealth fitted. Shortly after the car started miss firing and popping so i took it to the garage where i bought it from and they replaced the lamba sensor although blamed it on the exhaust being fitted...yeah right.
Any way the car is doing exactly the same this morning. poping, back firing and very sluggish. is this just my bad luck and the same or second sensor has gone. Are they easy to fit if i jack the car up and plug one in?
Cheers
Chris

Very easy to fit..but be careful not to snap the hole as it can get tight as it heats and cools.
you can get a special tool costs about £10 and has a little gap for the wires to pop through.
I know you can reach it through the engine bay if its the one before the cat..not sure about the other one.
Are you engine management lights on?? if they are you will have to put it on a diagnostic machine to turn them off.

VX220
the light flashed on and off but seems to have gone off. the problem i onw have is knowing which one it is?
Chris

PH1 172 Sport
Second one doesn't affect running its just there to compare emissions before and after the cat IIRC

Some garages will pop it on the diagnostic for free...otherwise its still probably worth it to save time and money.

VX220
yeah its booked in for monday. I could just buy the front sensor but then if its wrong or its not the lamba sensor i think its about £90 down the drain.
have to wait and see
chris

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
with 172's are the pre cat and post cat lambda's different? if so are they both around £80-90