ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lambda sensor?.. or a cursed road.lol

S'trollin on size 7s
my engine management came on a few weeks back and i took it to the garage, it came back with a couple of fault codes, one linking to the cat and another something else.
so he wiped it all and said it may have just been a glitch ,but if it comes back on bring it back and we'll know for sure which one it'll be this time. 3 weeks later it came back on (on the same bit of bi-pass as the first time!? ,coinsidence)
so took it back to the garage this time it just came back with the code for the cat again, so he crossed over the code to either: cat, missfire or air leak. he checked it all over, all was fine so i left it with him as he said he would look into it and take it for the emmissions testing to see if the cat was working correctly. came back sound as a pound with no obvious faults, so the only thing they could think it was ,was one of the lambda sensors maybe glitching, on its way out but see how it goes they said.

so tonight on the exact same part of the bi-pass again ..the light came on again :eek: *que 'phsyco' music* (spooky)
anybody else had similar issue and reckon it could quite possibly the lambda?..or just a cursed bi-pass.lol :rolleyes:

2004 182FF
Is it distance/time related, ie... the bit of bypass you drive down 5 mins leaving home as the engine reaches temperature?

S'trollin on size 7s
Is it distance/time related, ie... the bit of bypass you drive down 5 mins leaving home as the engine reaches temperature?

nah its never just as its reaching temperature or specific distance travelled, just random times asin how long the cars been running but coinsidently always on the same bi-pass.lol and also how could you check which lambda needs replacing, am i right in thinking the sports range have 2 lambdas a pre-cat and a post-cat lambda?