ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking - but where from??

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
There is water in the car and the carpet if flooded!

I don't know where the water is coming from.. i have checked the sunroof and there is nothing leaking from there..

I have use a hose pipe to water on the sun roof, front screen, pretty much everywhere.... to check it out where the water coming from.. I still cant find it..

any idea? I have Renault Clio 1.2, R reg.

t3 corolla 116bhp
my gf had a leak in her car carpet. turned out to be a rear windscreen washer pipe which was cracked and leaking. you'll need tu pull the carpet back anyway to see if there's any damage to the underside. could be rusted

Last edited:
  RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
my gf had a leak in her car carpet. turned out to be a rear windscreen washer pipe which was cracked and leaking. you'll need tu pull the carpet back anyway to see if there's any damage to the underside. could be rusted

Cheers

Pull the carpet from the back or front.

coz carpet is flooded all side, back and front and passenger side

IS PH2 172
i had this when i was in my 1.2 and i know its the same fault with sports aswell (just waiting for it to happen to mine again!), where the ariel for the radio is positioned on the roof is more than likely your problem. take out the interior light unit, unbolt it, silicon it up again and should be job done. If there is a load of water its most likely the other problem ive personally had the joy of.... where the water runs off the windscreen and appears to go under the bonnet, they have like a set drainage route, this gets clogged up with leaved and general sh!te and then proceeds to fill your car up with water! i had a good 3 inches of water in the footwell thanks to this! simply clean out the drainage route and jobs a good n.... hope this helps!