ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking sunroof

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
One of my colleagues had just purchased a 1.5 Dci (53 plate) and he says it has a slight leak from the sunroof.

What's to the easiest fix for this? New rubbers seals?

@fairm010 i think you had this problem right?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
One of my colleagues had just purchased a 1.5 Dci (53 plate) and he says it has a slight leak from the sunroof.

What's to the easiest fix for this? New rubbers seals?

@fairm010 i think you had this problem right?

Buy a car without a sunroof. They all do it.

Take it out, seal it up properly with silicone when it goes back in. Never ever touch it again.

I had this. 16 bolts under the headlining and the whole cassette lifts out. There is a black seal that sits under the frame on the roof. Mine had perished badly and gone in places.

A new deal from Renault is £60 ex VAT!

I sealed using a rubber draught excluder and it worked perfectly. Bolt it all back up but a bit of a bolt at a time to keep a consistent tightness over the rubber.

HTH Ron.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I had this. 16 bolts under the headlining and the whole cassette lifts out. There is a black seal that sits under the frame on the roof. Mine had perished badly and gone in places.

A new deal from Renault is £60 ex VAT!

I sealed using a rubber draught excluder and it worked perfectly. Bolt it all back up but a bit of a bolt at a time to keep a consistent tightness over the rubber.

HTH Ron.

Top stuff cheers dude :up:

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do not use silicone. If you refit it and it still leaks, you'll damage the roof trying to get the frame back out.

Ring a company called "bristol sunroof centre" and they will sell you a complete seal kit and post it to you for £20.
Remove the sunroof, bin old seals, clean everything, fit new seals, fit roof back in, wallop.

2 hours work. 3 if youve never taken one out before and you're a bit dopey.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Do not use silicone. If you refit it and it still leaks, you'll damage the roof trying to get the frame back out.

Ring a company called "bristol sunroof centre" and they will sell you a complete seal kit and post it to you for £20.
Remove the sunroof, bin old seals, clean everything, fit new seals, fit roof back in, wallop.

2 hours work. 3 if youve never taken one out before and you're a bit dopey.

Cheers brosef :up:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
If it's not been gummed up with silicone, yes. I have mine to do so will take photos for you when I do it if you'd like? It's easier with the headlining out, but doable with just pulling it down.