ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaky sunroof?

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Got the mk2 clio 1.2 and when it rains a lot my sunroof leaks and it drives me crazy! Because I have the light blue interior which as you might know any bit of water that hits it leaves a dirty looking stain!

Couple of weekends ago it was dry so took sunroof out cleaned it poured warm water in the drainage holes cleared it away really quick so I know the two drainage holes ain't blocked, where the sunroof has a little lip had another hole so I poured water through it and stated coming in my car instantly so felt good siliconed it up think it'll solve it! But obviously not! I've seen that some people pay 80-90 quid for it to get fixed!? I'd rather do it myself the way I am haha!

Out if options turned to here as I have no current ideas to fix it when my next free dry spell is! Live in south east Kent if anyone knows any cheaper guys!

clio dci , ren8
You have to take the black part attached to the roof out as they leak in between the roof and are only sealed with double sided tape :dapprove: if you run your finger round the outer edge you will find the roof pushes down in places & that's were the water is getting in

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
This has been over covered like the royal birth.

Remove the glass

Pull the seal off which goes around the head lining.

Get a 10mm ratchet spanner and undo all the bolts under the headlining until they are nearly out but not fully.

Take the old seal off and put clear silicone in the gap between the roof and the outer frame.

Tighten the roof and wipe off the excess silicone.

Put the seal and glass back in

Leave to dry for 24 hours at least.

I did mine yesterday and it rained after a few hours and screwed up the silicone.

Tada, waterproof.

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
This has been over covered like the royal birth.

Remove the glass

Pull the seal off which goes around the head lining.

Get a 10mm ratchet spanner and undo all the bolts under the headlining until they are nearly out but not fully.

Take the old seal off and put clear silicone in the gap between the roof and the outer frame.

Tighten the roof and wipe off the excess silicone.

Put the seal and glass back in

Leave to dry for 24 hours at least.

I did mine yesterday and it rained after a few hours and screwed up the silicone.

Tada, waterproof.
I can imagine! But I can never really find any that telle what to do like you just have! BUT. On my lunch break today I thought I'd go back to my car as I have a hour and will try and sort it out! Took the sunroof out, took rubber seal off and I can't see any bolts what's so ever!? If you get a chance coud you take a picture of yours and show? Would be appreciated!

JLK

1.2 Replica
If you pay for membership, there is a step by step guide how to do it. The bolts are underneath the headliner which you undo by removing the sunvisors, grab handles and the little brackets on the other side and the interior light and surrounding and then gently peal the headliner away at the top and lift the pillars out abit

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Oh yeah! Well I'll do it next week then in my week off! I am a member but never come across this? Where would I find it?

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
If you pay for membership, there is a step by step guide how to do it. The bolts are underneath the headliner which you undo by removing the sunvisors, grab handles and the little brackets on the other side and the interior light and surrounding and then gently peal the headliner away at the top and lift the pillars out abit
Oh yeah! Well I'll do it next week then in my week off! I am a member but never come across this? Where would I find it?