ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lens Accessories???

SchwepTek™
I have got a new walkabout lens for my 400d.

Been borrowing my mates 17-85 IS for a while and have been very impressed with so splashed on one from mbphotographic (thanks UKASKEW ;))

I was thinking about getting a polarizer so wheres the best place?

Also, is there anything else i can play about with...gradient filters for deeper skys, etc????

B

Brown.

erm you dont wanna be using £2 filters on a camera lens you just spent £££ on......look out for c.o.k.i.n filters, or bit more expensive lee filters......nd grad is a must..... or an 81b warmup to screw on......i suggest metering your shot THEN put the filter on....to lock your metering press the * button on the top right.....

nd grad is like a plate that you slide up and down , you need a adaptor ring and holder.

FF Blackgold 182
Nowt wrong with hoya at all. I have a Cokin filter holder for my grad's. You will need the correct size adapter ring that screws onto the front of he lens, then the filter holder slots over that, then the grads slide into the filter holder. Schweppy, let me know if you want me to pop over later and I can show you.

SchwepTek™
Right so i've bought a Hoya Polarizer and a COKIN filter kit with neutral density grad filter.

:)

SchwepTek™
Only got a cheapy to try it out...

83cf_1.jpg

B

Brown.

think i got a cokin kit off ebay for a 55mm ring for 16 notes..... mcbunny is right the quality aint the best, but cheap enough t start out with.